DescriptionA stunning spacious Edwardian residence, meticulously restored and extended under the supervision of Paul Brazil Architects, to create a magnificent family home standing well detached on 0.5 acres of designer south facing grounds, benefiting from maximum sunshine throughout the day.
Seldom does such a well designed and well located family home come to the market. The wonderfully bright generously proportioned accommodation of approximately 450sq.m.(4,844sq.ft.) is presented with great flair and taste in exceptional decorative order, inviting the purchasers to literally walk in and hang their coats. Nothing has been left to chance as this magnificent home has been creatively designed, renovated and extended to provide the ultimate in modern living. The attention to detail and calibre of finish rarely, if ever graces the market. The living accommodation, spacious in layout and ideal for entertaining as well as everyday living comprises two principle reception rooms and a large family / garden room. Adjoining the family room is a state of the art Woodale kitchen with an extensive range of presses, polished marble worktops and top of the range Wolf and SubZero appliances. There is also a very fine study, wine room, utility and bedroom with en suite on the ground floor. On the first floor there are four large double bedrooms with hand painted fitted wardrobes and all include magnificent en suites.
Electrically operated entrance gates lead to a sweeping gravel driveway providing generous secure off street car parking. The gardens have been professionally designed and landscaped by award winning landscape architects and laid out in lawns with various herbaceous borders, well screened and sheltered with a south facing aspect that benefits from all day sunshine. The rear garden also includes a very fine detached studio with en suite providing an ideal home office, gym or au pair residence. There is also spectacular external garden lighting, patio and irrigation system.
This important residence is exceptionally well located approximately 12km from St. Stephen?s Green, and only a short stroll to Foxrock Village. A deservedly popular residential location due to its close proximity to numerous recreational amenities including both Carrickmines and Foxrock Golf Club?s, Carrickmines Lawn Tennis Club, Leopardstown Racecourse together with the West Wood health and fitness centre. Also close at hand is QBC and the M50 providing ease of access to all points north, south east and west. The Luas at Carrickmines is only a short drive away and provides easy access to Dublin City Centre and Dundrum shopping centre.
- Reception Hall (5.75m x 5.00m )with magnificent walnut herringbone floor, tiled entrance, bespoke storage units and built in shelving, remote control gas fire and ceiling coving.
- Cinema/Media Room (6.17m x 5.30m )with very fine picture windows overlooking front and side, detailed cornicing, picture rail, hand built cabinetry with integrated lighting, excellent storage and integrated cocktail bar.
- Study (3.60m x 2.65m )with bespoke glazed sliding doors, walnut herringbone floor, limed oak worktop, excellent cabinetry with built in lighting and picture windows overlooking the garden.
- Drawing Room (7.00m x 4.50m )with glazed double doors, walnut timber flooring, detailed ceiling coving, feature timber fireplace with marble surround, marble hearth, remote gas coal effect fire and sliding glazed doors leading to
- Living/Garden Room (7.50m x 5.50m )with double height ceiling, solid walnut flooring, large glazed atrium roof, magnificent picture windows overlooking grounds and dual garden access, remote gas fire with marble surround and marble hearth.
- Dining Area/Wine Room (4.50m x 3.50m )with walnut flooring, door to wine room with bespoke solid walnut wine store.
- Kitchen (6.90m x 4.00m )luxurious designed hand painted kitchen by Woodale, feature island with polished marble worktops, professional Wolf gas hob, double Wolf stainless steel ovens, integrated wine fridge, SubZero American style stainless steel fridge freezer, integrated Miele dishwasher, undercounter sink units, CCTV monitor, Audio/Video intercom and electric gate control.
- Utility Room/Boot Room (4.10m x 2.50m )with a range of press and drawer units, plumbed for washing machine & dryer, very fine marble worktop, undercounter stainless steel sink unit, Victorian tiled floor, excellent storage and door leading to side garden.
- Inner Hall (6.50m x 4.00m )with walnut herringbone timber floor, feature hand crafted timber panelling, excellent under stairs storage, further large storage unit for cloaks, feature exposed brick wall and magnificent curved staircase.
- Downstairs w.c. with cabinet wash hand basin, w.c., window to side, timber panelling, magnificent sanitary ware from London and herringbone floor.
- Bedroom 1 (4.80m x 3.80m )with picture window overlooking gardens, excellent range of hand built fitted wardrobes and door to
- Ensuite Shower Room with cabinet wash hand basin, floating w.c., large step in double shower, part tiled walls, tiled floor, window to side, heated towel rail and large mirror.
- Bedroom 2 (5.80m x 4.70m )with hand built fitted wardrobes, picture windows overlooking side and door to
- Ensuite Shower Room with cabinet wash hand basin, w.c., large step in double shower, part tiled walls and floor.
- Bedroom 3 (6.00m x 4.70m )with vaulted ceiling, picture windows overlooking grounds, large dressing area with built in shelving and wardrobes, door to
- Ensuite Bathroom with Calacata marble tiled floor, feature Victorian bath, magnificent sanitary fittings with dual wash hand basins, large double shower and w.c.
- Bedroom 4 (5.80m x 5.00m )with windows overlooking the garden, very excellent range of built in fitted wardrobes, door to
- Ensuite Shower Room with cabinet wash hand basin, w.c., shower unit, part tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Bedroom 5 (5.60m x 4.50m )with picture windows overlooking side and vaulted ceiling, excellent sliding doors leading to large walk in wardrobe and door to
- Ensuite Shower Room with cabinet wash hand basin, w.c., large step in double shower, part tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Grounds Stunning gardens wrap around the house and include mature buxus hedging, bay trees, water feature, laurel hedging, sandstone terraces, stipe grasses, ornamental grasses, white hydrangeas, lavenders and extensive garden lighting throughout together with automatic irrigation system.
FeaturesFully refurbished Edwardian residence built in 1906
Approximately 450sq.m.(4,844sq.ft.) of bright, elegant, beautifully proportioned family accommodation
Separate detached studio with en suite 32 sq.m. (350 sq.ft)
Gas fired underfloor central heating
Magnificent family / garden room with picture windows taking full advantage of the delightful garden outlook and opening to a state of the art kitchen which is fully equipped with range of Wolf and SubZero appliances and polished marble worktops
A short stroll to Foxrock village
Carlson double glazed windows throughout
Top of the range bathroom fittings, extensive use of Calacatta marble
Magnificent curved staircase
High ceilings throughout
Detailed ceiling covings and skirting boards and downlighters
Electric blinds, handmade wardrobes, crittal doors, remote fireplaces and remote CCTV system
B1 BER rating
Landscaped south facing gardens by gold medal winner
Electric gate and secure off street car parking
Automatic irrigation system
Highly regarded residential location with local shops, parkland, churches, schools, UCD and the Stillorgan QBC all on the doorstep