DescriptionCasa Maria is located on Woodlands Park off Mount Merrion Avenue, an impressive and substantial detached residence standing proud on a magnificent mature garden of approximately 0.3acre (0.12 Ha).It is a rare occasion when a home on Woodlands Park graces the market and Casa Maria provides a unique opportunity for the discerning purchaser to acquire a foothold within this desirable and highly convenient location nicely tucked away off Mount Merrion Avenue.
Built in 1946 and in the same family ownership since then, Casa Maria is a detached five bedroom residence, which whilst having been well-maintained over the years would now require some modernisation providing an opportunity for the purchaser to modernise and extend if so desired to their own taste to create the house of their dreams.
The site of approximately 0.3 acre (0.12 Ha) is a wonderful oasis of peace and tranquillity being particularly mature, sheltered and well stocked with an abundance of mature shrubs, trees and plants and providing further opportunity for expansion subject to the necessary planning permissions. Whilst standing in the gardens, it beggars? belief that one is so close to every conceivable amenity yet tucked away in the midst of this utterly peaceful sylvan setting.
The property is approached by a large walled and gated front garden providing excellent privacy. The house itself is set well back from the road and benefits from the perfect balance of reception and bedroom accommodation. It is evident on crossing the threshold that this property has been lovingly maintained and indeed provided an excellent family home for many years.
The accommodation is extremely well proportioned and briefly comprises of a welcoming entrance hallway with guest w.c. off, a magnificent reception room with large picture bay window overlooking the front which in turn leads through to a large dining room with French doors out to the front terrace/loggia. The hall leads to a kitchen off which is a generous family room overlooking the rear garden. There is also a comfortable study off the hall. At first floor level there are five double bedrooms all enjoying excellent light. The master bedroom has a large en suite bathroom. And there is also a family bathroom.
Woodlands Park is a mature residential enclave with long established detached and semi-detached family residences, an area where there is consistently a strong demand for such premier homes. The property is situated within a 5km distance of Sandymount, Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire, Foxrock and Dundrum. Transport options are plentiful including the DART, Stillorgan QBC and Aircoach direct bus service to the airport . There are excellent shopping facilities available at the two newly refurbished shopping centres at Blackrock Village and also those available on The Rise at Mount Merrion and at Stillorgan. Some of South County Dublin?s most sought-after schools are available close by. The property is situated within a pleasant stroll of Blackrock Park, Deerpark, Carysfort Park as well as Seapoint and Blackrock beaches and many pleasant coastal walks. Recreational amenities in the immediate area abound including extensive sports facilities at UCD, Green Road Bowling & Tennis Club, Elm Park and Foxrock golf clubs along with the four yacht clubs at Dun Laoghaire
Substantial houses of this calibre in this location offering such extensive family accommodation complete with magnificent and entirely private gardens rarely come to the market in this sought after residential suburb.
- Entrance Hallway: (5.10m x 1.60m )with parquet floor, recessed down lighting, ceiling coving and door to
- Guest W.C. with tiled floor, pedestal wash hand basin, WC, window to side and door to cloaks hanging
- Study: (3.20m x 3.00m )with ceiling coving and window to the front
- Drawing Room: (4.66m x 4.56m )with feature bay window, ceiling coving, panelling, fireplace with marble surround and raised hearth and archway leading through to
- Dining Room: (4.87m x 3.96m )with ceiling coving, feature centre rose, panelling, French doors out to a terrace/loggia and the front garden. Door leading through to
- Family Room: (6.70m x 3.90m )with ceiling coving, panelling, window overlooking the rear garden, window to the side, door to the side, feature centre rose. Door back out to the hallway
- Kitchen: (3.85m x 2.53m )with tiled floor, good range of floor and eye level units, one and a half bowl stainless sink unit, washing machine, dishwasher, double oven, tiled splashback, fridge/freezer, recessed down lighting, door to pantry and door out to rear garden
- First Floor:
- Landing: Door to hot press, glass block window and hatch to the attic
- Bedroom 1: (4.90m x 4.00m )with two windows overlooking the front, recessed down lighting, ceiling coving, range of built in wardrobes and door to large en suite
- En Suite Shower Room: (2.94m x 2.58m )with double tiled step in shower, pedestal WHB, WC, part tiled walls, ceiling coving and recessed down lighting
- Bedroom 2: (4.50m x 3.55m )with two windows overlooking the front and a good range of fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 3: (4.00m x 3.43m )with French doors out to a balcony overlooking the front garden and good range of fitted wardrobes �? including a built in sink
- Bedroom 4: (3.20m x 3.00m )with window to side and fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 5: (3.97m x 3.80m )with window overlooking the rear and excellent range of fitted wardrobes including a built in sink
- Family Bathroom: with tiled floor, pedestal WHB with vanity unit, WC, bath with telephone shower attachment over, tiled floor, part tiled walls, recessed down lighting and heated towel rail
FeaturesMagnificent private gardens of approximately 0.3 acre (0.12 Ha).
Excellent accommodation extending to approximately 195sq.m (2,131sq ft)
Beautifully proportioned reception rooms overlooking the sheltered gardens to the front and rear
Secure off street car parking for numerous cars
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale
Oil fired central heating
Ample potential to extend subject to the necessary planning permission
Highly sought after residential situation close to excellent amenities, schools and transport
BER DetailsBER: F