DescriptionHidden along a small enclave accessed from Silchester Park, close to the junction with Lower Glenageary Road and adjacent to the pedestrian path which connects through to Silchester Road, stands this wonderful bungalow of approximately 100sq.m. (1,076sq.ft.) further enhanced with a south facing rear garden.
It is rare that a property of this style comes available to the market within the suburbs of Glenageary or surrounding areas, together with the enormous potential it has on offer to extend to the rear and side incorporating a conversion of the garage in order to increase the living space, all subject to planning permission. Enjoying off street car parking and a landscaped garden abundant with mature flowers, trees and shrubbery to the front, this delightful home offers light infused accommodation briefly comprising of a wide inviting entrance hall which leads to a living room to the front, a kitchen/breakfast room with door to the side garden, a sitting room to the rear opening into the rear garden, three bedrooms, a bathroom and separate W.C.
Without question this is an extremely sought after and mature location with every conceivable amenity available literally on its doorstep. There are several local shops at Glenageary roundabout, Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey with more extensive shopping available at Dun Laoghaire Town Centre and The People?s Park which is a short stroll down the road enjoys the ever-popular Farmer?s Market every Sunday. Many pleasant and scenic walks are to be enjoyed along the seafront and over Killiney and Dalkey hills just a short distance away. A recently constructed cycle track now connects Sandycove Harbour and The Forty Foot with Blackrock Town Centre.
There are a host of primary and secondary schools that surround Silchester Park such as the Harold Primary School, Killiney & Glenageary National School, Castlepark, Rathdown, Loreto Abbey Dalkey, CBC and Cluny to mention to a selection. There is an abundance of recreational and leisure facilities close by most notably the privately owned games field within Silchester Park securely looked after by the active Resident?s Association. There is also golf, football, GAA, hockey and tennis clubs within walking distance. The four yacht clubs and the extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast. Transport is excellent with a regular bus service frequenting the Lower Glenageary Road and Glenageary DART Station positioned on Station Road literally around the corner provides ease of access to the city centre. The N11 and M50 at Cherrywood make commuting to and from the city centre, the airport and nationwide very simple.
- Porched Entrance
- Reception Hall (3.30m x 2.90m )with fuse board
- Dining Room (4.30m x 3.70m )with window overlooking the front, open tiled fireplace with tiled hearth, and hatch through to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (3.20m x 3.10m )with press units, drawers, Belfast sink, cupboards, worktop, corner hot press with lagged cylinder, and door out to the side and rear garden
- Sitting Room (4.30m x 3.70m )with timber floor, built in shelving, open fireplace with tiled surround and tiled hearth and door out to the rear garden
- Bedroom 1 (3.70m x 3.30m )with large picture window overlooking the rear garden
- Bedroom 2 (4.00m x 3.70m )with large picture window overlooking the rear, built in wardrobes with cupboards over, open fireplace with tiled surround, tiled inset and raised hearth
- Bedroom 3 (3.20m x 2.70m )
- Shower Room with step in tiled Triton T90Z electric shower with oversized tray, pedestal wash hand basin, large fitted mirror, part tiled walls and Dimplex fan assisted heater
- Separate W.C.
FeaturesTranquil setting and highly regarded prestigious residential address benefitting from excellent transport links with regular DART and bus services within only a short walk
Light infused home of approximately 100 sqm (1,076 sq.ft.)
Close to excellent primary and secondary schools as well as an abundance of leisure, recreational and shopping facilities
Extensive south facing lawned rear garden of approximately 11m x 19m (36ft x 62ft)
Fitted carpets and curtains included in the sale
Electric storage heating
Off street parking for two cars
Potential to extend into the garage and the rear garden subject to the necessary planning permissions