DescriptionOn approximately 2.02 ha (5 acres)
A magnificent detached Victorian residence located on Marino Avenue West enjoying spectacular sea views within an enviable private secluded position overlooking Killiney Bay, Sorrento Terrace and Dalkey Island.
Having been occupied by the same family for almost 40 years, Summerhill comes to the market offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire one of South Dublin?s finest homes.
This Victorian residence dating from the mid-1800?s sits amongst 2.02Ha (5 acres) of the finest manicured gardens and grounds. The long sweeping driveway past the tennis court, golf putting and chipping green, manicured lawns and feature waterfall and pond lead to the house with ample off street car parking to the front and side.
The entrance porch leads to the entrance hall and inner hall with magnificent staircase surround. The accommodation of approximately 701.45sq.m (7,550sq.ft) is over three floors with spaciously proportioned rooms that offer comfortable accommodation. The principal reception rooms face south enjoying views over the grounds towards the sea.
The kitchen to the rear is the focal point in the home and includes a sitting/dining area with views over Dalkey Island.
The garden level/basement includes gym, bar and plant room with access to the lower gardens and lawns.
Upstairs there are seven bedrooms, the master bedroom suite includes a large en suite bathroom and the bedroom itself enjoys fine views. There are six further bedrooms, one of which is en suite together with a second staircase.
The house also benefits from a comfortable coach house to the side which is ideal for staff accommodation.
- Entrance Porch (2.20m x 1.50m )with double arch doors, ceramic tiled floor and oak part glazed door to
- Entrance Hall (3.30m x 2.25m )with ceiling coving and centre rose
- Guest Cloakroom with w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor and storage cupboard
- Study (5.55m x 2.50m )with timber floor, ceiling coving and bay window with views over Killiney Bay, Dalkey Island and Sorrento Terrace
- Inner Hall (7.20m x 4.90m )with feature arch doorway, ceiling coving, feature marble fireplace and staircase to upper floors
- Drawing Room (6.90m x 4.80m )with ceiling coving, marble fireplace with coal effect gas fire, south facing bay window, window to front and sliding doors to
- Sitting Room (6.60m x 3.80m )with ceiling coving, south facing window, marble fireplace and door to
- Dining Room (6.85m x 4.85m )with south facing bay window, parquet flooring, marble fireplace, door to hallway and door to
- Lobby leading to
- Family Room (8.70m x 5.70m )with timber floor, fireplace with timber mantel, feature sitting either side of chimney and double folding doors to south facing patio
- Glazed Lobby leading to
- Kitchen (7.80m x 7.80m )with feature skylight window, bay window with extensive views towards Dalkey Island, window overlooking fountain to rear, a range of fitted cupboards, presses and polished granite work surface, double Belfast sink unit, Fisher & Paykel double drawer dishwasher, Britannia double oven with five ring hob, extractor over, Sub Zero fridge & freezer, steps to sitting area with fireplace with electric Dimplex coal effect fire, dining area with views over Dalkey Island and island sink
- Inner Lobby with staircase to lower garden level
- Garden Level
- Hallway with door to outside courtyard
- Utility/Guest W.C. with w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor, counter unit, plumbed for washing machine and dryer
- Gym/Weights Room (6.50m x 4.40m )with fireplace with solid fuel stove, mirrored wall and two arches
- Gym (6.50m x 4.40m )with parquet flooring, two arches to
- Bar (6.50m x 6.40m )with bar counter with featured railway sleeper to sides and back, fitted shelving and sink unit
- Wine Cellar (5.10m x 1.65m )
- Changing Area (3.95m x 2.70m )with tiled floor, inset lighting, wood panelled walls and ceiling
- Sauna (2.00m x 1.20m )
- Shower Room (5.90m x 1.55m )with wood panelled walls, tiled floor and shower
- Separate W.C. with wash hand basin
- Plant Room (8.20m x 4.45m )with tiled floor, fitted shelving, store room and two gas fired central heating boilers
- Inner Hall with magnificent feature staircase to
- First Floor
- Landing (8.67m x 3.95m )with ceiling coving and arch between landing
- Main Bedroom Lobby (2.75m x 1.20m )
- En Suite Bathroom (3.55m x 2.70m )with tiled floor, 2/3 tiled walls, bath, bidet, w.c., twin wash hand basins with cupboards under, separate step in shower, mirrored cupboard and heated towel rail
- Main Bedroom (5.85m x 4.90m )with ceiling coving, extensive fitted wardrobes, fitted locker units, fitted dressing table and bay window with views over gardens and grounds, Killiney Bay, Sorrento Terrace and Dalkey Island
- Bedroom 2 (4.80m x 2.80m )with fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 3 (4.80m x 3.85m )with fitted wardrobes and south facing window
- Bedroom 4 (3.90m x 3.55m )with fitted wardrobes including fitted chest of drawers
- Bedroom 5 (4.90m x 3.85m )with fitted wardrobes, south facing window and door to
- En Suite Bathroom (2.80m x 1.75m )with part tiled walls, tiled floor, roll top and claw bath, w.c. and wash hand basin
- Family Bathroom with tiled floor, bath, w.c., separate step in shower, wash hand basin with vanity unit and mirror
- Upper Floor Return
- Bedroom 6 (3.45m x 2.95m )with fitted sink unit
- Bedroom 7 (3.45m x 2.95m )with sink unit and fitted wardrobe
Lower Garden Level
En Suite Bathroom
En Suite Bathroom