DescriptionA charming mid terrace home extending to approximately 86sqm (925 sq.ft.) which has been well maintained over the years by the present owners. Further enhanced with a secluded south facing rear garden of approximately 22ft in length. Superbly located on this highly desirable and popular residential road in the heart of Rathgar.
This very fine residence is approached to the front by a railed and gated pathway with lawn and planted area to front. A grand light infused entrance hall with ornate ceiling cornince work leads to a magnificent reception room to the front. The kitchen/breakfast room and guest shower are all to the rear of the property. There are three further rooms on this level all currently in use as bedrooms but could be reconfigured as further living space depending on the new owners requirements. Access to the garden is provided through a lobby located off the kitchen area. Many original features of its era are fully intact including the ceiling cornice work together with high ceilings. This wonderful home is filled with character and charm throughout and would now benefit from some degree of upgrading.
A largely residential area that has proven very popular with a wide selection of buyer, Rathgar is approximately 3.5km from Dublin City Centre, serviced with an excellent selection of local shops to include a superb offering of delis and boutique eateries. For school going children a choice of junior schools include Rathgar Junior School, Rathgar National School and Zion Parish School, for senior, The High School, Stratford College, St Mary?s College, Terenure College and Alexandra College are all available locally. Local parks nearby include Bushy Park and the Dodder Linear Park all excellent options for walks or running. Tennis is available in Rathgar Tennis Club and Ashbrook Tennis Club. Hockey at both Rathgar Hockey Club, Our Lady?s Hockey Club and Old Alex. Rugby clubs include St Mary?s and Terenure College. Golf is catered for in the surrounding clubs of Milltown Golf Club, The Grange and Castle Golf Club. For commuters the local bus routes include some of the most frequent in the city to include 14, 14C, 15, 15A, 15B, 65, 65B and 140. Two local Luas stops at Milltown and Beechwood service the area and are approximately 15 mins walk from the village.
- Entrance Hall: (7.50m x 1.50m )high ceilings, ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail and open steps up to attic.
- Living Room: (4.50m x 3.70m )high ceilings, ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail, tiled fireplace.
- Bedroom 1: (3.90m x 3.50m )high ceilings, ceiling coving, centre rose, picture rail, built in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: (3.60m x 3.40m )original sash windows been replaced with PVC, original shutters, high ceiling, ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 3: (3.80m x 2.90m )with original window shutters, ceiling coving, picture rail.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (4.20m x 3.00m )with a range of kitchen cupboards, free standing cooker with double oven and hob, window to side and door into
- Pantry: (1.70m x 1.30m )with floor to ceiling built in storage and cloak area.
- Shower Room: (2.70m x 1.90m )with wash hand basin, window to side, W.C. plumbed for washing machine and quadrant style shower unit with a Triton T90SR electric shower.
FeaturesMany original period features of its era to include magnificent ornate cornice work, high ceiling, shutters
Oil fired heating.
Superb light filled accommodation of approximately 86sqm (925 sq.ft.)
South facing, secluded and private rear garden of approximately 22ft.
On street parking.
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances are included in the sale.
Superbly located is only a short walk from Rathgar, Terenure, Rathmines, Harold?s Cross and Dublin City Centre.