DescriptionAn outstanding and truly distinctive detached Victorian residence, constructed in 1873 occupying stunning, professionally landscaped south facing grounds on approx. 0.4 acre within close proximity of Blackrock.
The Old Vicarage is an imposing double fronted residence that has fully refurbished and modernised in recent years under the strict supervision of architect Tony Mullen. To the front, a flight of granite steps lead to the hall door, upon entering there is an impressive and welcoming reception hall, off which there are three elegant reception rooms. To the left, there is a truly magnificent dining room with large bay window and views over the gardens and grounds while to the rear there is a beautifully proportioned drawing room, with feature fireplace overlooking the gardens. The hall level also includes a large study, bedroom, guest wc, and a practical kitchen dedicated for entertainment. The gracious reception rooms are ideal for entertaining on a grand scale, or indeed perfect for comfortable day to day living.
At garden level, there is a bright and practical kitchen/breakfast/living room with Aga, bay window, and views over the grounds. Double doors lead to the living room with feature fireplace and large wood burning stove. The garden level further includes a boot room, utility with excellent storage, walk in hot press and downstairs shower room. A striking carved timber staircase leads to the first floor where there are four generous double bedrooms with master suite comprising a walk in wardrobe and ensuite. There is also a further shower room and bathroom at this level.
The Old Vicarage is superbly positioned off Carysfort Avenue, easily accessible to Dublin city centre. It is situated within a close proximity of Blackrock and is also accessible to the Yacht Clubs in DunLaoghaire, St Vincent?s Hospital and the Blackrock Clinic. There are an excellent range of schools, both primary and secondary in the immediate area to include Booterstown Boys National School, St Andrew?s College, Dominican College Sion Hill, Willow Park School and Blackrock College. The Mount Anville/Blackrock College school bus and the 114 pass the door. There are a myriad of recreational amenities in the immediate area to include Carysfort and Blackrock Park and Elm Park Golf Club is also a short drive away. There are excellent shopping facilities at both newly converted Blackrock Shopping Centres.
- HALL FLOOR
- Entrance Lobby (2.96m x 1.15m )with two sliding sash windows to front, original tiled floor, understairs storage area and pine door with glazed panels leading to
- Reception Hall (4.90m x 2.90m )with attractive ceiling coving, feature gallery to the first floor, magnificent timber staircase with pine balustrades and Gothic features and door to
- Study (4.72m x 4.30m )with dual-aspect sliding sash windows, decorative timber cornice work, feature cast iron fireplace with slate hearth open fire
- Dining Room (6.00m x 4.62m )with feature bay window to side, sliding sash window overlooking rear garden, decorative timber cornicing, very fine marble fireplace with cast iron inset, slate hearth and open fire.
- Drawing Room (5.80m x 4.73m )with matching decorative timber cornice work, very fine marble fireplace, cast iron inset, slate hearth, open fire and feature bay window that enjoys all day sunshine.
- Inner Hallway with staircase to the garden level.
- Guest WC (2.55m x 2.30m )with flagstone tiled floor, wc, pedestal wash hand basin, sliding sash window, part- timber panelled walls and door to
- Kitchenette (2.50m x 2.26m )with a range of floor-and-eye level fitted press units, flagstone tiled floor, polished granite work surface, four ring Bosch hob with Bosch electric oven, integrated fridge/freezer, integrated Bosch dishwasher, sliding sash window to front and laundry chute.
- Bedroom 5 (3.80m x 2.42m )with dual-aspect windows
- FIRST FLOOR magnificent carved timber staircase with most impressive large window at the half-landing
- Master Bedroom Suite (5.12m x 4.82m )with polished pine floorboards, extensive range of built in wardrobes, two sliding sash windows overlooking rear garden and door to
- Dressing Room (2.83m x 1.90m )with pine flooring, Velux roof light, and range of fitted press units.
- En-Suite (2.68m x 2.63m )with corner shower Hansgrohe power shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, heated towel rail, medicine cabinet, and windows overlooking rear and side.
- Bedroom 2 (4.24m x 4.16m )with polished pine floors, built-in wardrobes and sliding sash dual-aspect windows with plantation shutters.
- Bedroom 3 (3.09m x 3.02m )with sliding sash window to side with plantation shutters, and built-in wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4 (4.33m x 3.15m )with polished pine floors, dual-aspect windows with plantation shutters, and built-in wardrobes.
- Bathroom (2.89m x 2.28m )with bath and shower over, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, tiled walls, heated towel rail, sliding sash window overlooking front.
- Shower Room (2.58m x 2.10m )with corner Hansgrohe power shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, tiled walls, laundry chute and sliding sash window overlooking front.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Garden Level Entrance Lobby (2.30m x 1.67m )with tiled floor, large walk in hotpress with built in shelving and door to
- Entrance Hall (3.60m x 2.90m )with flagstone tiled floor
- Kitchen Breakfast Room (6.12m x 4.30m )magnificent hand painted kitchen complete with Aga, gas fired hob companion, range of integrated appliances, integrated Bosch dishwasher, freestanding American-style fridge/freezer, double undercounter stainless steel sink units, tiled splashback, very fine flagstone marble tiled flooring, large centre island with marble worktop, two picture windows to side, larder and surround sound.
- Breakfast Area (5.30m x 4.60m )with attractive Junkers timber flooring, very fine bay window, feature cast iron fireplace with gas coal effect fire and slate hearth, sliding sash picture window overlooking rear garden, folding timber doors with glass inset leading to
- Living Room (5.50m x 5.07m )with Junkers oak flooring, fitted bookcase, feature granite chimney piece with slate hearth, attractive brick surround, large wood burning stove and double doors leading to patio.
- Inner Lobby (2.80m x 1.10m )with door to side garden and door to
- Boot Room (2.57m x 2.30m )with flagstone flooring, built in storage and window to side.
- Utility (2.15m x 2.08m )with sliding sash window to front with plantation shutters, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, polished granite work surface, built-in floor-and-eye level fitted press units and undercounter stainless steel sink unit.
- Shower Room (3.00m x 2.10m )with w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, flagstone floor, marble tiled walls, corner shower unit, laundry chute and window overlooking front with plantation shutters.
- Boiler Room (3.18m x 2.00m )Detached granite clad boiler house with
FeaturesMagnificent detached, double fronted family home
Beautifully manicured, level lawned garden extending to approx 0.4acre
Important south facing aspect to the rear
Ample off street parking behind electronic gates
Very fine detached garage to the rear with potential to convert to office or apartment
Hand painted kitchen fully fitted with Aga
Security alarm system with CCTV
Laundry chute from first floor
Gas fired central heating
Outstanding, professionally landscaped gardens and grounds
Floor area approx. 397 sq.m (4,270 sq.ft.) plus external buildings
Fully refurbished throughout under architect supervision
Short walk to DART, Blackrock and Carysfort Park