DescriptionThis is a large prime site in walking distance to Summercove village overlooking Charles Fort and with views towards Kinsale town and harbour. The period farmhouse was originally built in 1836 and extensively restored in 2002 while retaining many of the original features, making it a very comfortable home. Privately located the property is only a short distance to Kinsale town. It features a beautiful interior and has been very well maintained by its current owner. It provides plenty of development potential to make further use of the large mature site.
AccommodationOn a total area of c. 152 sqm the two storey house offers plenty of space. There is a spacious living room just off the front porch with period style half doors and a large stove. Just off the living room is a fully fitted kitchen with a breakfast area. Also off the living room is a separate dining room which could also be used as a lounge. Throughout the ground floor there is gorgeous sandstone flooring with underfloor heating. The first floor offers three double bedrooms, a single bedroom and a large fully tiled family bathroom with separate shower and bath. The house was completely renovated in 2002 with a new roof, double glazed sash windows, floors, damp proofing, new plumbing and wiring.
The property sits on c. 1.45 acres of land and is accessed by a sweeping tree lined driveway. The land is partially landscaped with plenty mature planting and trees and has a separate seated area in the garden to soak in the beautiful views. The property offers a very private setting and plenty of potential for further development. There is plenty of off street parking and a separate storage shed which is also where the utilities are located.
BER DetailsBER: E1 BER No.102475787 Energy Performance Indicator:345.05 kWh/m²/yr
LocationThis property is located in Sallyport just minutes outside of Kinsale town and close to Summercove village. You can walk downtown along the harbour front on the Scilly walk or enjoy food and drinks in the famous Bulman pub which is only a five minutes’ walk from the property. Sallyport beach, coastal walk and fishing are all only five minutes' walk. Cork city is c. 25 minutes’ drive from the property.
This area of South West Ireland is of outstanding beauty with its dramatic coastline, unspoilt locations and safe beaches. Leisure activities are well catered for, Kinsale provides excellent sailing, yachting and fishing facilities from its two marinas and many public slipways. There are two world class golf courses including the renowned Old Head of Kinsale. Other recreational pursuits include walking, bathing, surfing, and horse riding.
There are numerous cultural events held throughout the year, such as the world famous Kinsale Arts Festival, the Cork Jazz Festival, Cork Film Festival, Kinsale Gourmet Festival along with a thriving music and opera programme. Cork has several fine theatres, and Cork Opera House hosts many exceptional productions throughout the year. Kinsale is also home to some of Ireland’s finest restaurants, contributing to its title as Gourmet Capital of Ireland; along with many top class hotels and lots of welcoming pubs.
Kinsale is located a convenient 20 minutes’ drive to Cork International Airport, which offers a wealth of transport links within Ireland and to most major UK and European cities. Cork Train Station and the major national road network are also accessible in only 25 minutes.
Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers act as agents for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. Any loose furniture, non-integrated appliances, white goods and curtains are deemed not to be included in the sale of the property unless specifically agreed between the parties and outlined in an inventory.
5. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property. (v) Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price, withdrawal or prior sale without notice.
6. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.