€850,000 €25,000 on 5th Oct 16
Quay House is a Georgian town house and reputed to be one of the oldest houses in the heart of Kinsale town dating back to c.1800. The property is situated opposite Kinsale Marina in a gated courtyard development of only five town houses in short walking distance to Kinsale town. It offers fine views to Kinsale's marina and across to Scilly and Ardbrack. The house was extensively restored by its current owner to a very high and exacting standard carefully preserving many original features including marble fireplaces and window shutters. During that time the house was also completely rewired and a new heating and plumbing system was installed as well as new wooden sash windows.
The ground floor of the property comprises a large entrance hall, a spacious living room with fireplace, a large kitchen with island unit, Belfast sink and York flagstones as well as a dining room in the conservatory-style extension which also has access into the back garden.
The first floor offers a spacious master suite with a marble fireplace, a large en-suite with shower and bath as well as a walk-in dressing room with built-in wardrobes. The second floor comprises two bedrooms with original features retained as well as a bathroom.
The property comes with a low maintenance courtyard garden to the rear of the house which is surrounded by original stone walls and is a real sun trap. The courtyard is gated with an electric gate and there are up to four parking spots with the house.
Outside 4 Private designated car parking spaces to front of the property
The town centre is an easy 5-minute walk. Old Head Golf Course is 10 minutes' drive. Kinsale has a natural enclosed harbour at the mouth of the Bandon River. It is protected ...