DescriptionSuperbly positioned family home on this sought after and highly desirable location on Leinster Road, this very fine Victorian period residence boasts wonderfully proportioned accommodation of approximately 204 sqm (2196 sq ft).
Impressively presented, this renovated family home offers an excellent location with spacious accommodation throughout whilst retaining many key period features such as high ceilings, ornate cornice work and magnificent centre roses which are emphasised throughout.
Approached to the front by a pedestrian pebble path. The front garden is framed with planting along a cast iron railing. Lawned and planted with an abundance of mature shrubs. An inviting bright entrance hall with notable ceiling height and cornice work leads to two generously proportioned light filled interconnecting reception rooms, the drawing room and dining room, offering fantastic living space. An inner hall gives access to a downstairs shower / wc and utility room. The spacious kitchen to the rear is most impressive with large picture windows perfectly positioned to frame the garden beyond. A large sliding door provides direct access to a paved area and floods the room with natural westerly light. The kitchen is equipped with fantastic storage in both cupboards and pull-out drawers. The expansive centre island unit is the main kitchen feature with a Brittania 6 ring range cooker and stainless-steel sink unit fitted into the marble top with pop up electrical sockets, this unit offers fantastic storage.
On the upper floors the ground floor return features two bedrooms both with sash windows and a family bathroom. The bathroom is complete with bath and pumped Grohe Shower. Offering ample storage and a large recessed fitted mirror. There are a two excellent spacious single bedrooms on this level. On the first floor the impressive master bedroom to the front spans the width of the house and features a marble fireplace with wardrobe and two sash windows benefitting from a southerly aspect. A large double bedroom overlooking the rear, with sash window, fireplace and fitted wardrobes completes the accomodation.
One of the many attractive features of this superb property is the rear garden of approximately 25m (80ft), accessed from the kitchen, laid in patio slabs, with a gravel sitting area and a lawn area, planted with an abundance of mature shrubbery and flowers. A particular feature of this fine property is the rear vehicular gated access. A free-standing workshop at the end of the garden is fitted with its own MCB board, electrical supply for lighting and is also fitted with floor to ceiling storage cupboards. Accessed to the front by double French doors. Offering many uses as a home office, gym, den or workshop.
This is a prime location being just 2 km from the city centre with an array of shops, restaurants, cafes and gourmet food stores in Rathmines and Rathgar Villages just only a short walk away. The recently opened Stella cinema is a wonderful attraction not to mention Elephant and Castle, Lenahans Bar and Grill both located in Rathmines, including the refurbished Swan Centre with the Omniplex cinema. With access to superb public transport to include numerous prime bus routes namely the 16, 16c, 16d and 49, moreover a range of outstanding schools are within the area including Alexandra College, St. Mary�s College Rathmines, The High School, Kildare Place, Scoil Bhríde, Scoil Mologa, Gonzaga, and Stratford College. Within close proximity are a host of excellent recreational and leisure facilities to include Stratford Tennis Club, Kenilworth Bowling Club, Leinster Cricket Club, Milltown Golf Club and a selection of Fitness and leisure clubs.
- Entrance Hall (12.10m x 1.50m )ceiling coving, centre rose, vertical radiator and inner arch.
- Reception Room (4.50m x 4.30m )ceiling rose, impressive ceiling height, marble fireplace with cast iron insert and wood burning stove, sash window to the front with shutters and large interconnecting door to
- Reception Room (5.20m x 3.80m )ceiling coving, centre rose, large solid fuel stove, sash window with shutters
- Guest Shower Room (2.70m x 0.70m )underfloor heating, tiled floor, part tiled walls, pumped Grohe Shower, sink with mirror above and Grohe w.c. fittings and marble shelf.
- Utility Room (2.30m x 1.50m )tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, fitted shelf, Viessmann gas boiler and controls.
- Kitchen / Dining Room (7.30m x 3.30m )spotlights, large sliding door, two large picture windows. Large centre island unit with Britannia six ring gas range with double oven. Excellent range of drawers, pop up electric sockets, stainless steel sink with swan neck tap. Built-in pantry style cupboards and a free standing Liebherr fridge with separate freezer. Siemens integrated dishwasher.
- Ground Floor Return (7.30m x 1.80m )sky light, inner arch, coving, chandelier with centre rose, vertical window and vertical radiator. Air recirculating system.
- Bathroom (3.30m x 1.70m )underfloor heating, tiled floor, part tiled walls, Grohe w.c. and fixtures, Catalano sink with tap, recessed mirror, storage above and below, bath with plumbed Grohe shower system, bath screen, extractor fan and window to side.
- Bedroom 4 (4.30m x 3.30m )access hatch to attic space, sash style, opaque glass window, shelving.
- Bedroom 3 (3.20m x 2.30m )with sash, opaque glass window to the side
- Master Bedroom (6.00m x 4.60m )most impressive room, spans the width of the front of the house with two large picture sash windows, shutters, ceiling coving, centre rose, marble fireplace with cast iron insert.
- Bedroom 2 (5.20m x 4.20m )large sash window to the rear, shutters, fireplace.
- Workshop / Garden room (6.90m x 3.70m )Currently in use as a workshop. Wood frame, fitted with floor to ceiling storage, double doors and windows to the front and rear. Offers many uses.
- Garden Approached to the front by a pebble path that leads to the front door. The garden to the front is framed by an cast iron rail planted with hedging. Featuring a grass lawn and ambundance of colourful planting. The rear landscaped garden extends to approximatley 25m (80ft) to the boundary wall. Paved and pebbled with rasied lawn garden. Benefitting from a westerly sunshine.