DescriptionSeldom does such a rare and exciting opportunity arise to acquire an established hotel right in the heart of Connemara, sitting on the world renowned Wild Atlantic Way. We are delighted to introduce to the market The Maol Reidh Hotel-a charming and luxurious 3 star hotel in the heart of Tullycross village. The hotel, which was built and has been operational since 2002, is finished to an exceptionally high standard. The beautiful cut stone exterior faces onto the main street right in the centre of this quaint village-nestled amongst the 12 Bens Mountains and a stone’s throw away from the some of the most stunning sandy beaches fringing Connemara’s beautiful rugged coastline, Tullycross is a hive of activity famous for its traditional Irish bars and thatched cottages.
The hotel boasts 12 modern spacious bedrooms, a stylish restaurant which seats approx. 60 people, a cosy bar and a large reception/lounge, all tastefully decorated and all public areas enjoy open fireplaces.
The hotel has been a meeting place for locals and passers-by for almost 20 years and long may this tradition continue. Prior to this, where the hotel currently stands, the original stores stood on the site of the hotel since 1789 and a hint of these ancient walls can still be seen within the courtyard of the building. A golden opportunity not to be missed!
Website, Booking Engine and Channel Manager
12 en-suite bedrooms of which one is disabled friendly,
Large reception area and lounge with open fireplace and public lift to bedrooms,
Dining Room/bar which seats approximately 60 people,
Ladies & Gents public toilets,
Associated staff rooms, changing rooms and store rooms in the basement.
Private Managers flat,
Lift plant room,
Potential for sauna /steam room/ spa area,
Courtyard – stone clad in original stone from original buildings dating back to 1789,
Parking to the rear,
Measurements (approx) - Basement 184.2 m2, Ground floor 454 m2, First floor 442.94 m2
Sewerage: Septic Tank
Heating: Gas Fired Central Heating
These particulars are intended to give a fair description of the property only and are in no way guaranteed, nor do they form part of any contract. They are issued on the express condition that all negotiations are conducted through Matt O’Sullivan Ltd. All properties are offered subject to contract and to being unsold.
• 12 ensuite bedrooms all beautifully finished to an exquisite standard, with rooms to the front looking out over the traditional thatch cottages and Twelve Bens and rooms to the rear enjoying views of Derryherbet lake, sea inlet and Letter Hill.
• Located in the heart of the picturesque Tullycross village, with its 2 lively traditional bars, walking distance to the local shop and its famous Mussel Festival-all appealing and coveted features to visiting guests and locals alike!
• The property is tastefully decorated and well maintained throughout with lovely features such as open fires in the public areas and the bar and restau-rant enjoys a glass topped conservatory area and a private courtyard-perfect for guests to sit out and enjoy a drink with privacy.
• A perfect location to explore Connemara one of Europe's most outstanding areas of unspoilt natural beauty. Ten minutes drive from the nearest white sandy beach, one of the many beaches in the area as featured in The Quiet Man movie. With Connemara National Park, Killary Fjord and Kylemore Ab-bey close by the hotel is an ideal base for sightseeing and exploring, walking, mountain climbing, scuba diving, horse riding and fishing.
• Distance from: Galway to Tullycross 83.5 km, Tullycross to Westport 54.4km, Tullcross to Clifden 18.8km, Tullycross to Knock Airport: 104.7km