DescriptionSet amidst an oasis of peace and tranquillity, Shottery is an impressive double fronted bungalow residence, dating back to circa 1925, standing detached on stunning terraced well stocked landscaped gardens and grounds of approximately 0.4 Ha (1 acre) offering unrivalled, breath-taking sea views over Killiney Bay with Dalkey Island and Sorrento Terrace in the distance.
Shottery is a type of home that people aspire to own and is positioned in this highly prestigious residential address where the surrounding properties are mature, settled and of a similar calibre. It offers a rare refurbishment or redevelopment opportunity and many of the neighbouring properties show what can really be attained.
The property offers gracious, generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 229 sq.m (2,465 sq.ft). An inviting reception hall with timber panelled wainscoting opens to the inner lobby/cloak hanging area and main hall which in turn connects to the light infused living areas to include two very fine reception rooms overlooking the rear garden, a morning room, a delightful and spacious kitchen/breakfast room with vaulted ceiling, four very fine bedrooms, two of which enjoy en-suites, family shower room and a utility room opening to the inner courtyard area with ancillary buildings. This magnificent home has been wonderfully maintained and is presented in good decorative order throughout. It has retained many embellishments of the era such as high ceilings, timber panelled walls, picture rails, fireplaces, doors and handles.
One of the main outstanding features of Shottery are the mature gardens on offer, abundant with an array of maturely planted flower and shrubbery beds, rockery, bordered by high hedging, tall trees, also incorporating a pond once a popular spot enjoyed by Samuel Beckett on his many visits to see his brother, a vegetable garden and at the very bottom the original tennis court together with a garage providing excellent storage and off-street car parking to the front. There are two elevated generous patio areas strategically positioned to make full benefit of the south and west sun.
This is a much sought after and highly convenient location being positioned off Saintbury Avenue and Kilmore Avenue, a short distance from the conveniences at Killiney village and the pleasant walks by Killiney beach, the seafront and over Killiney and Dalkey Hills. Dalkey Heritage Town is just a bit further down the road and offers a vast array of local and boutique shops, banks and hostelries. It also houses some of the finest restaurants in South County Dublin, which are very popular and regularly frequented. At the foot of the garden a private pedestrian gate opens to a right of way that accesses Killiney Beach and the DART station on Strand Road in minutes.
The area has a selection of excellent primary and secondary schools and is well serviced by transport with Killiney DART station located on Strand Road at the foot of Kilmore Avenue together with the LUAS at Cherrywood a little further afield. Within just a short drive is the junction with the N11 and M50 connecting to the arterial road network offering an easy commute to the city centre and airport.
As Shottery occupies a coastal position, the marine facilities at Dun Laoghaire harbour, with its extensive marina and four yacht clubs and piers, will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast.
- Reception Hall (3.00m x 2.30m )with parquet tiled quarry floor, timber panelled wainscoting and arch opening to
- Inner Hall (2.20m x 1.60m )with matching floor, digital security alarm panel, picture rail, cloak hanging area and leads through to the
- Inner Hall (8.70m x 1.00m )with feature skylights opening into the roof space, picture rail and part glazed door opens into the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (6.10m x 5.70m )with vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, Velux skylight, tiled floor, maple/beech style kitchen with display cabinets, tiled splashback, Neff five ring gas hob, Corian worktop, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit with insinkerator, Siemens double oven, pull out pantry, space for fridge & freezer, centre island unit with storage and breakfast bar incorporating an integrated microwave, integrated Miele dishwasher and storage compartment, further Velux skylights and door to
- Utility Room with Bosch washing machine, hardwood double glazed door opening out to the courtyard to the side and porthole window, hatch to dining room & original cold room
- Dining Room (5.40m x 4.10m )with vaulted ceiling, picture rail, timber panelled wainscoting, very fine fireplace with mahogany surround and gas fire inset to the front with tiling, access through to the kitchen hatch, solid timber floor, rear bay overlooking the stunning gardens and the sea, hardwood glazed door opens out to the sun terrace and door with steps leading down to
- Morning/Dressing Room (4.30m x 4.10m )with coving, dual aspect multi-paned cast iron windows overlooking the side and rear and the front, attractive painted fireplace with tiled inset and gas fire to the front and door to
- Bedroom 1 (5.30m x 4.20m )with rear bay overlooking the gardens, double glazed door opening out, picture rail, built in wardrobes with mirrored front, heating controls and step leads up to the
- En Suite Shower Room/Wet Room (2.90m x 1.80m )with Triton T90XR electric shower, mosaic tiled tray, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, w.c., heated towel rail, tiled floor, part tiled walls and extractor
- Bedroom 2 (3.40m x 2.80m )with built in wardrobes, part glazed door opening out to the rear patio, wash hand basin, blocked up painted fireplace and door to
- Bedroom 3 (3.60m x 3.40m )with blocked up corner fireplace, cast iron multi-paned window overlooking the rear, built in wardrobes and wash hand basin set into vanity unit
- Sitting Room (6.30m x 4.60m )with coving, very attractive tiled fireplace with raised tiled hearth and open fire, rear bay with window seat (0.7m x 2.8m) and stunning views straight out over the gardens out to sea and double glazed aluminium sliding patio door opening out to the suntrap patio bordered by raised flower beds, mature planting, rose bushes, trees and herbaceous borders
- Master Bedroom (6.10m x 3.90m )with storage/cloak cupboard, high vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, blocked up fireplace with painted tiled inset, storage presses, recessed lighting, a range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes with cupboards over, hardwood multi-paned door opening out to an enclosed area and out to the suntrap patio and door to
- En Suite Bathroom with roll top cast iron bath, wash hand basin, w.c., mirrored fronted medicine cabinet, part tiled walls and Creda wall mounted fan assisted heater
- Family Shower Room with AquaLisa power shower with oversized tray, tiled surround, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, chrome heated towel rail, tiled floor and part tiled walls
FeaturesPrestigious highly regarded residential address.
Vast potential to refurbish or redevelop this wonderful elevated position and improve on the stunning sea views
Standing detached on approximately one acre of beautifully landscaped private gardens and grounds.
Gracious generously proportioned accommodation of approximately 229sqm (2,465sq.ft.).
Breath-taking unrivalled sea views of Killiney Bay with Dalkey Island and Sorrento Terrace in the distance from its elevated position.
Suntrap elevated patio areas ideal for al fresco dining
Set in an oasis of calm and tranquillity surrounded by well stocked gardens, specimen plants and a wide selection of mature trees
Fitted carpets, curtains and kitchen appliances included in the sale.
Embellishments of the 1920?s era maintained and intact.
Close to Killiney DART station on Strand Road, the 59 bus route and LUAS at Cherrywood.
Convenient to the superb amenities and facilities in Dalkey town and Killiney village.
Surrounded by excellent schools and recreational and leisure facilities.
Private pedestrian gate at the lower garden opening to a pedestrian right of way accessing Killiney Beach in 2 minutes for swimming and many other amenities and the DART station in 3 minutes for effortless access to the city centre and coastal areas of Dublin, Wicklow and further afield.
Digital security alarm system.