DescriptionSet at the very start of the Boreenmanna Road just around the corner from the South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Rhodesia is brought to the market as a substantial four bedroomed semi-detached home with garage and adjoining workshop on a site size of approx. 0.1 acre with development potential.
The property built in 1920 offers a wealth of space inside and out and presents a unique opportunity for world be buyers to alter and change the current flow and use of the accommodation. The property abounds with character and features expected from a home of this era. Some of the more unusual character is seen in the use of materials in doors and staircase, salvaged from â??The Celticâ? one of the White Star Line ships.
Located within strolling distance of the city centre will appeal to a host of purchasers looking for that conveniently located home while a host of amenities and facilities are close by. Schools abound in the area from both national and second level with Rockboro and Ashton on the doorstep to name a few. Additional educational facilities at UCC as well as the city-based schools are also within walking distance. The South Infirmary Hospital is around the corner from this property and both the Mercy Hospital and Bons Secours are also within easy reach. The south link road is adjacent offering a quick commute to all areas.
The house itself together with the garage extends to approx. 1,670 sq. ft ( 155.44 sq. mt). The workshop attached alongside offers a further 1,490 sq. ft (138 sq. mt) ensuring this home is prime for extending. Accommodation within offers entrance hall, lounge, living/dining room, home office, kitchen, garage and workshops all at entry level. The first floor is home to four bedrooms and family bathroom. The attic space provides an additional space offering extensive storage. There is a small enclosed garden to the front. The rear offers a further enclosed garden.
- Entrance Hall ( ) Welcoming entrance hall finished with carpet. Feature front door with glazed inset and fan light overhead.
- Living Room (3.50m x 3.10m 11.48ft x 10.17ft) Located to the front of the property this room is lovely and bright with bay window. Fireplace fitted with feature tile and wood surround. Deep set alcove units fitted either side. Finished with Carpet and picture rail.
- Dining Room (3.20m x 3.10m 10.50ft x 10.17ft) Open plan to the living room this dining room is tucked away nicely with service hatch to kitchen.
- Lounge (4.10m x 3.60m 13.45ft x 11.81ft) Located to the front of the property this room is a sister to that in the living room featuring bay window. Gas fire fitted in fireplace with wood surround. Fitted alcove units and picture rail. Double porthole doors to home office.
- Office (3.60m x 2.60m 11.81ft x 8.53ft) Access from the main entrance hall or via double doors from the lounge this room offers a selection of uses.
- Back Hall (1.80m x 1.30m 5.91ft x 4.27ft) Finished with laminate flooring.
- Kitchen (5.00m x 5.00m 16.40ft x 16.40ft) An extension to the main house this room is particularly bright with the use of extensive glazing. Looking out onto the rear garden the kitchen is fitted with floor and eye level cupboards and hosts all of the necessary kitchen appliances. Single drainer sink unit fitted.
- Landing ( ) Bright landing window at half landing. Feature salvaged staircase finished with carpet.
- Master Bedroom (3.60m x 3.70m 11.81ft x 12.14ft) Located to the front of the property with deep set bay window. Feature fireplace with tiled and cast iron inset and wood surround. Picture rail. Finished with laminate floor.
- Bedroom 2 (3.60m x 2.80m 11.81ft x 9.19ft) Located to the front of the property this room boasts wall to wall fitted robes with built in vanity and overhead storage. Finished with carpet and picture rail.
- Bedroom 3 (3.50m x 2.60m 11.48ft x 8.53ft) Located to the rear of the home this room has dual aspect windows. Finished with carpet.
- Bedroom 4 (2.40m x 1.80m 7.87ft x 5.91ft) Located to the front of the property this room would lend itself to the creation of an en-suite off bedroom 1 or 2 or an ideal nursery. It is lovely and bright finished with carpet.
- Bathroom (2.20m x 2.00m 7.22ft x 6.56ft) Fitted with two-piece white bathroom suite to include jacuzzi bath and overhead electric shower. Tiled over bath area and tiled to dado height throughout. Heritage pedestal sink unit with vanity mirror. Hot press offers storage.
- WC (1.30m x 0.80m 4.27ft x 2.62ft) Separate from the bathroom, tiled to dado height.
- Attic Space (8.40m x 2.89m 27.56ft x 9.48ft) Access via feature glazed door to an extensive attic room with open staircase suitable for an abundance of storage. Two velux windows ensures this room is bright. Exposed and stripped floor boards and wood panelled walls to eve height