Ileclash is a truly exceptional property with a totally restored Georgian house (approximately 683sqm) of fine manageable proportions, set on a promontory overlooking the countryside and surrounded by delightful gardens, together with two guest cottages and with frontage to and fishing rights over the River Blackwater, a noted Salmon and Sea Trout River.
One of Ireland's finest country houses and 2 adjoining guest cottages. The property has been restored to the highest quality and in a superb elevated garden setting with frontage to and fishing rights over the River Blackwater. About 30 minutes from Cork city and airport.
Luxuriously appointed accommodation includes double reception hall, 5 reception rooms, kitchen and conservatory, 5 bedrooms, dressing room and 6 bathrooms.
In all about 4.9ha. (12 Acres)
Ileclash house which at times was also known as Licklash and Rockville, was built c. 1800 and is situated about 200m from the ruin of the historically interesting Licklash Castle. Over the years Ileclash has had many colourful and historically interesting owners and none more so than Sir Oswald Mosley whose love life was nearly as intriguing as his political career and his wife Diana, one of the famous Mitford sisters.
When acquired by the current vendors Ileclash House and grounds although not totally neglected, were in need of substantial upgrading and modernisation. Over a 4 year period under the supervision of noted conservation architects, Frank Murphy and Partners, the property was transformed, through considerable expenditure and attention to detail seldom seen to what is now an exceptional property.
The Main House Accommodation
The internal layout is designed so that the reception rooms and main bedrooms can take full advantage of the vista and grounds.
The bright and spacious accommodation generally faces south and west and includes double reception hall, 5 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with sunroom and upstairs 5 bedrooms, dressing room, 6 bathrooms and a study/library.