Description300 Clontarf Road is a classic Art Deco style semi-detached house boasting unrivalled south facing views of Dublin Bay, Bull Island, and Howth. The property has a large cobblelock drive to the front providing ample off street carparking for at least four cars and a very private rear garden set in lawn with patio area and well stocked with mature trees and shrubs. The property itself extends to an impressive 155sqm (1668sqft) and the accommodation comprises of an entrance porch leading to an entrance hall and two reception rooms at ground floor level, a kitchen/dining room at ground floor return level, a single bedroom and contemporary bathroom at first floor return level, and two good double bedrooms at first floor level. A small staircase leads to the architect designed flat roof characteristic of these Art Deco houses built c. 1930 in Clontarf and the Howth Road. Similar properties have developed sensational roof gardens and as you can imagine these would provide amazing views with unrivalled privacy. The property is well very presented throughout and among the many treasures in the house are a multitude of Art Deco open fireplaces, which are all functional and wonderfully proportioned rooms with decorative coving. The ground floor reception room and first floor bedroom on the RHS have lovely box windows which capture enormous amounts of natural light and bring oodles of natural light into the property whilst also offering wonderful, uninterrupted views over Dublin Bay. At ground floor return level, the kitchen has lovely quarry tiling and French doors leading to the private rear garden. There is a lean-to conservatory that acts as a utility room and access the rear garden. there is a small cellar that again may serve a variety of uses. Wine anybody? The additional accommodation to the side comprises a living/kitchen room, bedroom and bathroom and offers a great deal of versatility to the property serving as accommodation for extended family, a home office or indeed provide an additional income. The heating is gas and the windows are double glazed. This prime residential location offers easy access to all the amenities that Clontarf has to offer including a superb selection of cafes, restaurants, convenience stores and boutiques. It is within walking distance of the Sea front and St Anne?s Park. Some of the best junior and secondary schools are located nearby and there are a host of sporting clubs in the immediate locality, including golf, sailing, rugby, GAA, hockey and tennis to mention but a few, catering for every ability and age. Bus stops within walking distance of the development ensure easy access to all parts of the capital and beyond.
- MAIN PROPERTY
- Entrance Porch (1.50m x 1.15m )with double glazed window overlooking Dublin Bay, PVC door to
- Entrance Hall (3.80m x 2.05m )with stairwell to first floor, stair to ground floor return, door to
- Reception Room 1 (4.55m x 3.35m )with art deco fireplace with tiled inset, timber surround, box window with south facing aspect overlooking front garden, Dublin Bay & Bull Island
- Reception Room 2 (5.05m x 3.30m )with art deco fireplace, tiled inset, timber surround, dual aspect windows south aspect overlooking Dublin Bay & Bull Island, and rear overlooking rear garden.
- GROUND FLOOR RETURN
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.50m x 3.10m )with french doors leading to rear garden, Belfast sink, understairs storage, access to
- Rear Conservatory (3.20m x 1.75m )lean to conservatory, for use as utility with door to rear garden.
- FIRST FLOOR RETURN
- Landing (2.80m x 1.50m )
- Bedroom 3 (2.80m x 2.60m )large single bedroom with window overlooking rear garden.
- Bathroom (2.70m x 1.60m )contemporary, fully tiled bathroom, jacuzzi bath, electric shower over, w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail, mirror, two windows overlooking rear garden.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Landing (2.30m x 2.05m )
- Bedroom 2 (5.15m x 3.22m )double room with feature fireplace, cast iron inset, timber surround, dual aspect windows south facing to the front overlooking Dublin Bay & Bull Island, to the rear overlooking rear garden.
- Bedroom 1 (4.50m x 3.20m )double room with feature fireplace, tiled and cast iron inset with timber surround, box window with south facing aspect overlooking Dublin Bay and Bull Island.
- Observation Room/Enclosed Balcony (2.80m x 1.35m )with PVC double glazed windows, lantern. Light filled observation point with south facing aspect overlooking Dublin Bay, Bull Island, and Howth.
- Ancillary Accommodation
- Kitchen/Living Room (4.75m x 3.00m )with sliding patio door in from cobblelock driveway, views over Dublin Bay and Bull Island, wall and floor mounted units, sink, plumbed for dishwasher, wired for oven.
- Bedroom (5.45m x 2.95m )large double bedroom with sliding patio door accessing rear garden, velux window.
- Shower Room (2.90m x 0.85m )with w.c., shower, wash hand basin, fully tiled with window for ventilation.
- Rear Garden private, with mature trees and shrubs, set in lawn with pathway & patio area.
FeaturesSemi-detached Art Deco house dating to c.1930
Ancillary accommodation can serve as a home office, provide an income or accommodate extended family.
Cobblelock drive to the front providing off street parking for 3- 4 cars
Walled and railed front garden
Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, potential for rooftop terrace/ rooftop garden.
Enclosed balcony as observation point
PVC double glazed windows
Gas fired heating
Private rear garden
Art Deco fireplaces
Floor Area 155sqm (1668sqft) (including ancillary accommodation)
BER DetailsBER: G
98.65 kgCO2 /m²/yr