DescriptionA unique period home dating from the early 1800s, situated in this enviable position in the heart of Rathfarnham, within a stones throw of Rathfarnham Village and shopping centre. This attractive home is situated behind a pillared entrance, offers generous proportions and retains an abundance of period features of the era to include high ceilings, generous room proportions, period fireplaces, and timber sash windows.
Internally the accommodation briefly comprises of a welcoming reception hall with ornate pillars and feature staircase with door opening into a study with beautiful tiled floor, and glazed panel doors opening into a porch, which in turn opens into the rear garden. A well-proportioned reception room with marble fireplace and large picture window overlooking the rear garden, retains attractive coving and intricate centre rose detail. A dining room opens into an inner hallway with a secondary staircase to first floor level, off which is the kitchen/breakfast room with a modern fitted kitchen with granite worktops, tiled floor and dual sash windows overlooking the front. A guest w.c. completes the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are four well proportioned bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
The location of 1 Orchardstown House will be of major interest, being only a short 5 minute walk to Rathfarnham Village and shopping centre, with Terenure, Knocklyon, and Dundrum Town Centre only slightly further afield. This area is particularly sought after due to it?s close proximity to an excellent choice of local schools, including Loreto High School Beaufort, Templeogue College, Terenure College, and The High School Rathgar. National schools in the area include St Mary?s Boy?s National School, Ballyroan Boy?s School, and Rathfarnham Parish School. Local public transport routes include the 15B bus route, with the city centre located approximately 7km away. Also within easy reach are the leisure amenities of St Enda?s Park, Marley Park, and Bushy Park, and local sporting clubs including hockey, rugby, and golf with the local Grange and Edmondstown Golf Clubs.
- Entrance Hall (4.30m x 4.25m )with solid timber floor, ornate dual pillars, ceiling rose, picture rail and feature staircase to upper floor, door to
- Study (3.60m x 2.60m )with beautiful tiled floor, ceiling rose, picture rail, glazed panel double doors with fanlight over opening to
- Rear Porch (2.20m x 1.45m )with door to rear garden.
- Living Room (6.05m x 3.60m )with beautiful marble fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth, large timber sash window overlooking garden to rear, attractive coving, intricate centre rose detail.
- Dining Room (4.20m x 4.20m )with solid timber floor, cast iron fireplace with ornate hardwood surround, tiled inset, storage cupboard, door to
- Inner Hallway (4.60m x 1.45m )with entrance door to front garden, second staircase to upper floor, understairs store cupboard, tiled floor, door to
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.00m x 4.30m )with traditional style fitted kitchen with range of cupboards, drawers, storage cupboards, integrated fridge freezer, built in Electrolux electric hob and oven. Tiled floor, part tiled wall, electric fireplace with granite hearth, Belfast sink unit, dishwasher, dual sash windows overlooking garden to front, door to
- Cloakroom (2.90m x 1.05m )with w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor.
- Landing (4.40m x 1.00m )with hardwood flooring.
- Bedroom 1 (4.70m x 3.80m )with solid timber floor, sash window overlooking garden to front, ceiling coving, picture rail and feature cast iron fireplace with hardwood surround.
- Bathroom (3.00m x 2.80m )with bath with monsoon shower over, w.c., wash hand basin, tiled floor, part tiled wall, hot press/airing cupboard
- Bedroom 2 (8.15m x 4.65m )dramatic room, formerly main drawing room. Flooded in natural light with dual aspect floor to ceiling sash windows with two windows overlooking garden to the rear and one to side. Ornate coving, centre rose detail, solid timber floor, magnificent marble fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth. Door leading to
- Bedroom 3 (6.45m x 3.60m )with attractive coving, picture rail, dual sash windows overlooking garden to rear, cast iron fireplace with ornate marble surround and tiled inset, with door to
- Second Landing Area (3.05m x 1.40m )accessed from the inner hallway, storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 4 (3.60m x 3.40m )(overall) with window overlooking front.
- Bathroom 2 (3.50m x 2.75m )with tiled floor, partially tiled walls, cast iron rolltop bath with feature clawed feet, w.c., wash hand basin, separate shower area with rainfall shower, fireplace & sash window overlooking front.
FeaturesHighly regarded residential address
Generously proportioned accommodation retaining many period features of the era.
Highly sought-after residential location just five minutes? walk to Rathfarnham Village and Shopping Centre.
Enviable south facing rear garden
Gas fired central heating
Surrounded by excellent primary & secondary schools
Off street parking.