About Coonan Naas
E.A. Coonan & Son was founded in 1892 by Edward A. Coonan at Rathcoffey. The business was transferred to Maynooth in 1938 and a second branch was opened in Celbridge in 1999 with a third branch opening in Naas in 2019.
The firm has been a long-standing member of the Irish Auctioneers and Valuers Institute now the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland and have played an active part in both organisations over the years of its membership.
In addition to our specialist & historical knowledge of the agricultural sector – we have developed an acknowledged expertise in the commercial, new homes and residential letting sectors due to the considerable urban growth in our area in the last thirty years. This includes development land, new & second hand homes, industrial and retail together with valuations whilst continuing with our traditional areas of sales of farm land, stud farms and country property. With our expert local knowledge of our catchment area we can assist clients with their decision making regarding the management of their assets and have over the years advised and assisted many multinational, institutional, private firms and others in this regard.
In the early 1980’s the focus changed for Coonan to the sale of Stud Farms as this became a focal part of Estate Agency in Counties Kildare and Meath during that period and the firm became leading agents in this area. Around the turn of the century with the spread of Dublin to the commuter towns in north Kildare the firm increased its focus on Development Land and New Homes while continuing with its part in the Stud Farm and Agricultural sector. As Dublin continues to expand there is still a strong demand for Coonan Property services and we have adopted our service to become the leading New Home specialists in the Greater Dublin Area presently marketing close to twenty schemes with sales in all ongoing.