Description*To book a virtual tour please email Louise at email@example.com*
St. John�s is a superb detached, Georgian villa style property which is excellently located on Wellington Place in the heart of Dublin 4. The property is thought to be a former hunting lodge of The Duke of Wellington. This distinctive property occupies a site of approximately 0.3 acres at the junction of Clyde Road and Wellington Road.
Versatile accommodation extends to approximately 381sq.m (4,110 sq.ft) comprising four generous reception rooms with many period features intact, five spacious bedrooms, three bathrooms, open plan kitchen/dining/family room, utility room, wine cellar, ample storage and separate garage. The property was extended in 2000 creating the open plan kitchen/family area to the rear, and an additional bedroom at hall floor level. The property boasts many period features and is positioned on an extensive site with lawned gardens to the rear offering a high degree of privacy and with mature plants and shrubs. There is a large driveway to the front, providing ample off-street parking. A spacious garage is located to the side of the property and it is wired and plumbed. There are also two additional storage units and outside w.c. .9 Wellington Place offers the next occupants the opportunity to remodel or design their own home suitable for their needs and the space and accommodation ensures that every lifestyle can be catered for.
Wellington Place is exceptionally well located between Donnybrook and Ballsbridge villages, adjacent to Leeson Street offering a wide selection of amenities within the immediate area including specialist shops, bars, restaurants, various schools, the RDS and Herbert Park. The property is also within walking distance of the city centre and offers excellent transport links including Lansdowne DART Station and various bus routes with services to both Ballsbridge and Donnybrook.
- Entrance Hall Attractive hallway with ceiling coving, hardwood hall door with fan light over3.30m x 2.20m
- Drawing Room Spacious room with bay window overlooking the front of the property, attractive sash windows, ceiling cornicing, centre rose, open fire with attractive fireplace, timber floors.5.60m x 4.50m
- Dining Room Bay window overlooking front, open fire with tiled inset, centre rose6.40m x 4.50m
- Internal Reception Hall 9.50m x 2.20m
- Master Bedroom Generous double room with double glazed timber sash windows overlooking the side, door out to balcony overlooking the attractive rear garden and staircase to5.50m x 5.30m
- Attic Room Currently used as a bathroom with velux windows, shower unit and bath
- Bedroom 2 Fireplace, double built in wardrobes, large window overlooking the rear garden.4.50m x 4.00m
- Ensuite Shower Room Shower unit, w.c, w.h.b, timber window to the side.
- Bedroom 3 Built in wardrobes, fireplace, sash window to the rear, original shutters intact4.50m x 3.60m
- Guest w.c. w.c., w.h.b
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Entrance Porch Cloaks storage, alarm panel2.80m x 1.70m
- Inner Hallway Stairs to hall level, tiled,
- Office Bay Window overlooking front garden, attractive gas original range. Wooden floors, orginally the kitchen5.80m x 4.20m
- Sitting Room Bay window, open fire with attractive fireplace, wooden floors6.20m x 4.30m
- Bedroom 4 Double room, built in wardrobes, window overlooking rear garden4.30m x 3.80m
- Bedroom 5 Double room, built in wardrobes, window overlooking rear4.30m x 3.40m
- Shower Room W.C., w.h.b, shower unit, tiled floors, tiled walls,window to side
- Kitchen/Family/Living Area Extended in c.2000 with tiled floor, good range of eye and floor units, double Belfast sink unit, two pairs of double doors out to the side of the property, large bay window with excellent overlook over the rear garden, Leisure gas Rangemaster, integrated dishwasher, attractive island breakfast bar.6.20m x 5.20m
- Lobby Located off the kitchen with feature wine cellar.Utility room accessed from her which is plumbed for washing machine and dryer and provides additional storage. Doors out to rear garden.4.80m x 2.40m
- Garage Large garage to the side of the property10.20m x 2.80m
- Storage Unit powered, gate to the front5.40m x 2.00m
- Store Room w.c., sink, door to rear garden
- Outside The property is approached via electronic gates leading to a large gravelled forecourt providing ample off street car parking. There is a delightful lawned garden to the rear, with patio area off the kitchen and a good selection of mature shrubs and trees. To the side of the property there is a separate garage and additional storage units. The rear garden enjoys immense privacy and seclusion and benefits from excellent sunshine.
FeaturesExceptional period property superbly located within Dublin 4
Excellent off street car parking to the front
Attractive period details retained which are typical of the era of construction
Versatile accommodation including four reception rooms and five bedrooms
Private lawned garden to the rear and garage to the side
Superb storage with two storage rooms ? one to the side and one to the rear of the property
Within walking distance of a wide selection of amenities in the immediate area
Well-proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 381sq.m (4,110sq.ft)
Site area of approximately 0.3 acre
Gas fired central heating
Security alarm system and wired for CCTV