DescriptionLocation! Location! Location! One acre level site only a 10 minute stroll from Kilcrohane village with its shops, bars and restaurants, and less than a 5 minute stroll to the sea!
The site has full planning permission for a modern 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom 186 sm/0.17 hectare property with no residency restrictions so anybody can buy it; build it; live in it or sell it, and there's no requirement to live in it as a permanent residence for 5 years before it can be sold. Planning permissions like this are extremely rare and very difficult to obtain.
Kilcrohane is a small coastal village with an all year resident community. It is the most westerly village on the Sheep's Head Peninsula and is part of the Wild Atlantic Way - the longest coastal drive in Europe. The renowned Sheep's Head Way walking route encircles the area - over 80 miles of marked trail with walks for all abilities.
Neighbouring villages are Ahakista and Durrus and the nearest town is Bantry. Cork city and airport are a 2 hour drive.
The finished property will be an ideal location to live and work in. Why?
1. high speed fibre optic broadband
2. good mobile reception
3. connectivity via Cork airport to major European cities and via train or motorway to Dublin
THE PLANNING PERMISSION:
Planning permission has been secured to build a 186 sm 'L' shaped residential dwelling consisting of two inter-connecting buildings.
SOUTH FACING SECTION - 2 storeys:
Covered parking area
Bedroom or home office with en-suite shower room
Entrance lobby with stairs to first floor and stairs to second building
2 bedrooms with adjoining bathroom
Sitting room - west facing with sea view
WEST FACING SECTION - one storey:
Open plan s.w. facing kitchen/dining/living with sea view
Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
Covered west facing patio
Covered terrace to rear
Waste water treatment unit with percolation area to be installed
Looking to relocate from the hustle and bustle or city living? Looking to change your lifestyle? If so,
Kilcrohane can offer ...
1. Fresh bracing sea air
2. Clean and uncrowded beaches and coves
3. Miles and miles of rural walks along the Sheep's Head Way walking trails
4. Local shop and post office open 7 days per week
5. Primary school (ages 5 to 12) with small class sizes
6. Bus service to secondary school in Bantry
7. Sea scouts, GAA club and youth club for children and teens
8. Bus service to town twice a week
9. 2 bars and 2 restaurants
10. Local community groups and events