DescriptionA magnificent three storey over garden level Regency period residence, extensively refurbished and renovated combining the grace and embellishments of its era with the everyday modern style of living. This stunning property has been lovingly restored, sensitively extended under the supervision of a conservation architect and upgraded to provide all modern-day conveniences such as a state of the art kitchen which blends seamlessly with a host of period features including beautiful ceiling coving and ornate cornice work, a graceful staircase, period fireplaces and sliding sash windows.
Nothing has been left to chance with the modernisation of this beautiful home, one of a terrace of just six properties well set back from Crofton Road, further enhanced with five off street car parking spaces and enjoying outstanding views over Dublin Bay to Howth and The Royal Irish Yacht Club.
The substantial and impressive well-proportioned accommodation of approximately 367.4sq.m. (xxxsq.ft.) on offer enjoys excellent natural light flooding throughout all floors. Every facet of the entire property is meticulously presented and as a result Lisieux House is in turnkey condition ready for the purchaser to walk in and literally hang up their coat.
A most striking, wide, and inviting entrance hall with ornate cornice work together with centre rose leads to two exceptional interconnecting reception rooms both with ornate cornice work, centre roses and marble fireplaces. One of the many remarkable spaces of this residence is the fully fitted modern extended kitchen/breakfastroom to the rear with extensive oval floor to ceiling height windows overlooking the landscaped south facing rear garden. At the hall return is a luxurious bathroom incorporating a standalone claw footed bath, separate step in shower and excellent storage. A spectacular drawing room is positioned at the first-floor level enjoying breathtaking sea views, with the first of the four double bedrooms located at the same level. The first-floor return comprises of a second double bedroom, guest w.c. adjacent, with a wonderful large master bedroom suite, savouring breathtaking sea views together with a luxurious en-suite shower room, and the fourth bedroom at the second-floor level.
The remaining living space is positioned at the garden level currently laid out as a one-bedroom self-contained unit approached by its own hall door with garden terrace to the front. A porch entrance with understairs storage leads to the large living room with an arch opening into the kitchen/breakfastroom with a sliding patio door opening out to a private courtyard area with glass covered well benefitting from the southerly orientation. The bedroom and shower room are approached through a lobby/utility area off the kitchen/breakfastroom. This floor further offers the opportunity to be used as a home office given it benefits from commercial use.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being situated in the heart of Dun Laoghaire with extensive shopping, restaurants, cafes, churches, the Pavilion Theatre, IMC Cinema, the iconic Lexicon Library by the seafront, the East and West piers and the People?s Park. Walks abound for children and dog lovers by the sea, along the Metals (dating from 1815) to Killiney Hill and Dalkey along with the secret parks of Royal Terrace, Clarinda Square and the playground at Cualanor and Honeypark. The villages of Monkstown and Glasthule are also within a pleasant stroll. There are excellent primary and secondary schools nearby while the DART, main line trains and many buses serve the town. Recreational and leisure facilities abound including gyms, rugby, football, GAA, hockey and tennis, the four yacht clubs in the marina appealing to sailing enthusiasts while the Forty Foot and Sandycove Beach attract year round swimmers. Regular public transport is adjacent to include the Dart and numerous bus services not to mention the area being further enhanced with cycle tracks connecting with the adjacent and surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Basement Flat with granite steps leading down to a lower courtyard/bin store and door opening into the
- Entrance Lobby (2.00m x 1.50m )with natural stone tiled floor, understeps storage, digital security alarm
- Sitting Room (7.40m x 4.90m )with LED recessed lighting, natural stone floor, arched alcoves with shelving either side of the fireplace, limestone fireplace with polished marble inset and hearth, ceiling coving, wall mounted shelving, intercom to front door and opening through to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (4.70m x 4.70m )with matching floor, ceiling coving, recessed lighting, box shelving, marble fireplace with tiled inset, kitchen is fitted with a white high gloss press units finish with drawers, cabinets, saucepan drawers, worktop, Candi stainless steel oven, Candi four ring electric induction hob, tiled splashback, extractor over, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, integrated Beko fridge/freezer, pull out pantry unit, enclosed Vissemann gas fired central heating boiler, digital heating controls, door to utility area and double glazed sliding patio door opening out to the rear
- Utility Area (2.00m x 1.60m )off the kitchen with sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, plumbed for dishwasher, work surface, tiled splashbacks, recessed lighting and opens through to
- Bedroom (4.70m x 3.20m )with matching floor, built in wardrobe and painted beamed ceiling
- Lobby Area
- Shower Room with step in tiled Triton T80XI electric shower, w.c., wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, recessed lighting and ceiling coving
- Outside to the rear is a private patio area with Indian sandstone slabs and exposed well with glass top
- Main House
- Reception Hall (11.80m x 2.10m )with Amtico floor, ornate ceiling coving, ceiling rose, pattern stained glass fanlight over the hall door, digital security alarm panel, enclosed radiator, arch to inner hall and door to
- Drawing Room (4.90m x 4.70m )with attractive large sliding sash window with shutters intact overlooking the Royal Irish Yacht Club, the marina and harbour, ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, picture rail, very fine marble fireplace with pattern tiled inset, slate hearth and gas fire to the front and folding doors opening through to the
- Dining Room (4.70m x 4.70m )with enclosed radiators, sliding sash window overlooking the rear with shutters intact, very attractive marble fireplace with tiled and brass inset and gas coal effect fire and slate hearth, telephone point, ornate ceiling coving and ceiling rose
- Lobby Area with steps down, cloak hanging, door to downstairs, utility cupboard plumbed for dishwasher/tumble dryer, cloak hanging, recessed lighting and matching floor to the hall
- Kitchen (4.20m x 3.10m )with a range of hand painted press units, drawers, polished granite worktop, London sink set in with drainers either side, tiled splashback, matching upstand, recessed lighting, pantry unit built into the opposite side with water cylinder enclosed with pump, shelving, American fridge with freezer drawers below and opening through to the
- Dining Area (6.30m x 4.20m )with attractive vaulted ceiling with feature skylight, recessed lighting, tiled floor, wine fridge/wine rack, storage under the centre island with polished granite top, presses, integrated Miele dishwasher, integrated Siemens microwave, sink unit with insinkerator set in, built in sideboard with feature AGA, tiled splashback, extractor, further drawers, saucepan drawers, display cabinet, round breakfast bar and double folding arched doors leading out to the rear garden
- First Floor Return
- Family Bathroom (3.50m x 3.20m )with ceiling coving, ceiling decorative rose, travertine tiled floor, step in tiled Mira Event XS electric shower, painted wainscoting, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, cast iron roll top bath with claw feet and built in storage press unit with display cabinet
- First Floor
- Drawing Room (7.00m x 4.90m )with twin sliding sash windows with both shutters intact overlooking the Royal Irish Yacht Club, marina and Dun Laoghaire Harbour across to Howth, ornate ceiling coving, ornate ceiling rose, picture rail and stunning marble period fireplace with cast iron arched inset incorporating patterned tiles, gas coal effect fire and slate hearth
- Bedroom 1 (4.80m x 4.50m )with ceiling coving, decorative rose, feature twin sliding sash windows overlooking the rear, built in book shelving, box shelving, very fine period marble fireplace with slate and brass inset, gas coal effect fire and slate hearth and enclosed radiator
- Second Return with radiator
- Guest W.C. with natural stone tiled floor, pastel blue tiled
FeaturesA magnificent Victorian home with a whole host of period features intact
Superb extension to the rear
Extremely generous and well-proportioned accommodation of approximately 367.4 sq.m (3,955sq.ft)
Superb Michael Farrell kitchen with large feature island unit
Luxuriously appointed bathrooms and en-suites with stylish modern sanitary ware
Five off street car parking spaces to the front
Delightful professionally landscaped south facing garden to the rear measuring 7.4m x 6.5m
Highly regarded residential address
Close to a whole host of amenities as well as excellent schools
Adjacent to excellent transport facilities to and from the city centre
Fitted carpets, curtains, kitchen & utility appliances included in the sale