DescriptionKinsale 8 km. Cork 25 km. Cork International Airport 20 km.
A stunning waterfront property commanding a spectacular elevated position with wonderful sea views
Set on a sunny, south-facing site of c. 0.75 hectares, this exceptional property commands one of the most outstanding coastal settings imaginable. The extensive balconies and decking areas afford panoramic 180° views over Oysterhaven, the Sovereigns and out to the Atlantic.
Built to an outstanding specification and finished with top-line fittings, the accommodation extends to some 280 sq. metres with travertine floors, Siematic kitchen equipped with Gaggenau appliances and bathrooms fitted with Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware.
Located at the end of a hidden cul-de-sac, within 25 minutes of Cork city and its International Airport, this truly individual property offers total seclusion together with a private sand and shingle beach.
The challenge to create a “Fairhaven” was given to Architect Richard Rainey, and that he did...this house is a celebration between openness and intimacy. Richard made this house revel in the spectacular setting and it breaks down all barriers between inside and out. The result is a clever and sophisticated hierarchy of spaces with each room situated to take full advantage of the indoor/outdoor living.
The owners set about fitting out and decorating this house to exacting standards and hired Cork based Interior Designer Fiona O’Keeffe to achieve this. The level of detail is flawless with a sophisticated style and yet it feels like home.
The flow of space has carefully been considered with the entrance, kitchen-dining, living room, master bedroom suite and guest cloaks all on the upper level with the guest and children’s rooms are on the ground level with a large and practical tv room.
The Siematic kitchen is extremely smart and houses all the Gaggeneau appliances seamlessly. Ligne Roset breakfast bar stools provide the fun element in a very elegant space that opens out onto an exterior terrace that wraps around the entire first floor providing 180 degree views of Oysterhaven.
Glass doors also lead to the impressive living room which also enjoys these breathtaking views. This room is luxurious and chic but the clever use of texture in the upholstery give it a cosy feel which is added to by the bespoke fireplace with raised hearth.
Bathroom & Shower Rooms are all finished to an excellent standard. All the sanitary ware is Villeroy & Boch, suspended off the ground for easy cleaning, the shower s are all wet rooms with Hansgrohe fixtures . No detail was left out and the bathroom accessories are individually tailored to each room by Pomd’or. A very practical addition to the house is the large wet & dry room which you enter from outside when you come off the beach, there are 2 showers in a large wetroom space.
• All the internal joinery is bespoke from the large pair of entrance doors, internal walnut doors and skirting to the guest cloaks which has walnut panelling combined with Ralph Lauren wallpaper and a natural stone basin.
• Flooring includes 20mm honed marble tiles (silke stone) throughout the first floor, the light reflects beautifully from them creating a warm inviting feeling which is also felt underfoot with under-floor heating.
The ground floor bedrooms have a boutique hotel feel with a luxurious velvet finish carpet and the TV room is finished with a very practical lime washed oak that creates a lovely beachy feel.
• The lighting plan was designed by Fiona O’keeffe and all the fixtures are from the uber stylish Belgian lighting company Wever & Ducre . The use of mood lighting helps create a very understated comfortable lighting scheme.
• Even though the architecture is cutting edge contemporary, the interior has been softened by use of luxurious fabrics...Osborne & Little, Designers Guild and Zoffany to name a few. Paint finishes are from the American brand - Devine
• There is a Comms room on the ground floor that house the fully integrated audio visual control system and the mood lighting control system. There are internal and external ceiling speakers on the first floor.
Reception Hall - 5.30 m x 4.95 m
Kitchen & Dining Room - 7.45 m x 5.10 m
Sitting Room - 8.20 m x 5.00 m
Master Bedroom - 4.45 m x 4.25 m
En Suite Bathroom
Walk-in Clothes Closet
Guest Bedroom 2 - 5.55 m x 3.90 m
En Suite Bathroom
Bedroom 3 - 3.85 m x 3.40 m
Bedroom 4 - 4.20 m x 3.00 m
TV/Family Room / Bedroom 5 - 4.85 m x 6.20 m
Wet Room /En Suite Bathroom
Plant /Comms Room
Smart lighting and audio systems. Intruder alarm system. Oil fired and solar systems to underfloor heating and pressurised water. Mains electricity. Private water and drainage.
Viewing DetailsPlease email or call the sole agents :-
Tel + 353 (0) 25 31023 or 087 2627488