DescriptionAn attractive detached part brick fronted bungalow residence situated at the top of Barnhill Avenue close to the junction with Saval Park Road and a short distance from a wide range of amenities and facilities including the scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills, by the seafront with Dalkey DART Station as well as the superb conveniences in Dalkey Town Centre.
6 Saval Grove is one of just six bungalows positioned on this wide stretch of road that was constructed in the early 1960?s. Briefly the property is approached via vehicular gates providing off street parking for two or three cars comfortably with a garage with up and over door. The remainder is laid out in lawn with a pedestrian gate to the side leading through to the private secluded rear garden.
Internally an enclosed porch entrance opens into a generous reception hall which in turn leads to an open plan living/dining room running front to back of the property. Next is the well fitted kitchen/breakfast room with conservatory off opening out to the rear garden. The remainder of the accommodation is set out in four double bedrooms, one with a shower room, and a family bathroom concludes the accommodation.
Although the property has been well-maintained over the years, a prospective purchaser will upgrade, modernise and refurbish to their own style and flair to bring this superbly located property up into modern present day standards. It will appeal to a wide range of markets from growing families to right sizers or downsizers seeking a rare bungalow situated within the same area.
The location of this superb bungalow residence needs little introduction. It is just a stroll away from the wonderful town of Dalkey, which boasts many superb restaurants and shops. It is also within walking distance to Glenageary DART stations. Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire with their major shopping centres are only a short distance away. There are also a number of excellent primary and secondary schools and a superb selection of sporting and recreational amenities within the immediate area including golf and tennis clubs, the leisure centre and swimming pool at Fitzpatrick?s Castle as well as the wonderful tranquil scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey Hills. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its two piers will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiast as will the bathing facilities at the Forty Foot by Sandycove Harbour. There is easy access to the N11 and M50 which makes commuting to and from the city centre and nationwide very simple. There is an Aircoach servicing the airport hourly at Fitzpatrick?s Castle only minutes up the road.
- Porch Entrance (1.50m x 0.70m )with sliding double glazed door opening in and opens through to the
- Reception Hall (4.45m x 2.05m )
- Living/Dining Room (8.65m x 4.10m )runs front to rear of the property with brick fireplace with tiled hearth, wall lights, window overlooking the rear and door to
- Kitchen (3.85m x 3.50m )with tiled floor, kitchen is fitted with a range of white press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, one and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, tiled splashback, Progress fitted oven with four ring electric hob over, Indesit washing machine, picture window overlooking the rear, Lec fridge/freezer, storage cupboard, digital heating and water controls and multi-paned door opens to the
- Conservatory (3.35m x 2.85m )with tiled floor and door opens out to the rear garden
- Inner Hall
- Bedroom 1 (4.10m x 3.50m )with a range of built in wardrobes and picture window overlooking the front
- Family Bathroom with bath with Aqualisa power shower over, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled floor and walls and hot press with lagged cylinder and dual immersion unit
- Bedroom 2 (3.50m x 2.55m )with picture window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 3 (3.85m x 3.45m )with built in wardrobes and picture window overlooking the rear
- Bedroom 4 (4.05m x 3.80m )with window looking front, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards under, mirror over and door to
- En Suite Shower Room with step in tiled shower, w.c., tiled floor and walls
FeaturesHighly regarded prestigious residential address
Surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools, the DART and the wonderful facilities in Dalkey Town Centre
An excellent array of recreation and leisure facilities on the doorstep including Fitzpatrick?s Castle, the scenic walks over Dalkey and Killiney hills as well as many sporting clubs and venues
Oil fired central heating
Fitted carpets, window coverings and kitchen appliances included in the sale
Ideal for growing families or right sizers/downsizers alike
Vast potential to refurbish and extend to one?s own taste and flair
Floor area of approximately 137sq.m (1,475sq.ft)
Digital security alarm unit