Description111 Vernon Avenue is an utterly charming immaculately presented c. 1930 light-filled four bed semi-detached house, with a self-contained apartment to the side, occupying an enviable corner position at the junction with Vernon Park. To the front is an extensive front garden with a gravel driveway offering ample off-street parking and a beautiful lawn that is well stocked with mature trees and shrubs. Through the ivy clad archway, the recessed doorway leads into a generous reception hallway with parquet flooring that runs down through the hallway and through the three reception rooms increasing the sense of space to what is already generously proportioned living accommodation. These period proportions are accentuated by the impressive 2.75m high ceilings with decorative coving and centre roses throughout the ground floor accommodation.
On entering the entrance hall to the left-hand side you will find the main reception room overlooking the front garden and Vernon Avenue. With a beautiful bay window which includes the original stained glass the owners ensured was included in the design when changing the windows a few years back. Folding double doors lead to the second reception room which then leads to the kitchen/dining room. Both reception rooms have matching feature open fireplaces with marble surround and cast-iron insets. The kitchen/dining room has an abundance of natural light coming in via the windows, sliding patio door and two Velux windows. A small lobby leads to a utility room and a guest WC at ground floor level. At first floor level there are three generous bedrooms, the master bedroom to the front also has a bay window overlooking the garden and Vernon Avenue, an en suite shower room and 2.75m high ceilings. The second bedroom is generous double bedroom with windows overlooking the rear garden and the third bedroom is a large L-Shaped single bedroom. The beautiful contemporary bathroom has mosaic tiling on the floor, a four-piece suite including WC, WHB, bath with separate shower and natural stone effect wall tiles.
A staircase, with Velux windows bringing in good amount of natural light that leads from the generously spacious landing to the attic room. The attic room with high ceiling ,an en suite WC and WHB and Velux windows looking to rear garden with additional storage in the eaves. The property has gas fired central heating. The apartment to the side is currently self-contained and offers a variety of possibilities including ancillary accommodation for a family member, the opportunity of an income or the accommodation can be incorporated back into the main residence. The apartment extends to 55sqm (505sqft) and comprises an open plan livingroom/kitchen, a double bedroom and a shower room. The apartment is accessed from the rear garden via a side gate and the rear patio door and there is a paved patio immediately outside.The beautiful rear garden extends to 20.5m (66ft) x 13.5 m wide at the rear and has an extensive patio area that measures 5.00m long x 9.00m wide with the remainder of the garden set in lawn with extensive mature trees, shrubs, palm trees and cherry blossoms. This prime residential location offers easy access to all the amenities that Clontarf has to offer including a superb selection of cafes, restaurants, convenience stores and boutiques. It is within walking distance of the Sea front and St Anne?s Park. Some of the best junior and secondary schools are located nearby and there are a host of sporting clubs in the immediate locality, including golf, sailing, rugby, GAA, hockey and tennis to mention but a few, catering for every ability and age. Bus stops within walking distance of the development ensure easy access to all parts of the capital and beyond. Seldom do houses of this calibre in this condition come up for sale and viewing is very highly recommended.
- Entrance Hall: (4.35m x 1.35m )Spacious hallway with 2.75m high ceiling, decorative coving, recessed lighting, parquet flooring and stairwell to first floor level.
- Reception Room 1: (4.55m x 3.65m )with feature open fireplace with marble surround cast iron inset, bay window overlooking front garden, parquet flooring, 2.75m high ceiling, decorative coving, centre rose and picture rail. Double doors leading to
- Reception Room 2: (4.35m x 3.60m )with matching feature open fireplace with marble surround and cast iron inset, decorative coving, centre rose, picture rail and parquet floor. Archway into
- Kitchen/Dining: (6.10m x 3.10m )Open plan kitchen/dining room with bespoke kitchen, parquet flooring, extensive storage, good counter space with a marble counter and Velux windows bringing in an abundance of natural light.
- Utility: (1.65m x 1.35m )Plumbed for washing machine with tumble dryer, storage presses and gas boiler and water cylinder.
- Guest WC: (1.65m x 1.40m )with WC, WHB and window for ventilation.
- Reception Room 3: (3.75m x 3.15m )in use as study/den with TV shelving and storage.
- First Floor:
- Landing: (3.05m x 1.90m )Spacious landing accessing all bedrooms and stairwell to attic room.
- Bathroom: (2.80m x 2.25m )Family bathroom with four-piece suite bath, WC, WHB and separate shower and xpelair, window for ventilation, mosaic tiled floor and natural stone effect tiling and recessed lighting.
- Bedroom 1: (5.10m x 3.60m )Spacious double bedroom with extensive built in wardrobes, bay window overlooking Vernon Avenue, 2.75m high ceiling, decorative coving, centre rose and picture rail.
- En Suite: (2.30m x 1.05m )with WC, WHB, tiling, heated towel rail and xpelair.
- Bedroom 2: (3.90m x 3.60m )Double bedroom with built in wardrobes, high ceiling, picture rail and window overlooking rear garden.
- Bedroom 3: (3.85m x 2.80m )L shaped bedroom with built in wardrobes and two windows overlooking the rear garden.
- Attic Room: (4.30m x 3.85m )Substantial attic room with WC and WHB and en suite.
- En Suite: (1.70m x 1.10m )
- Self-Contained Apartment
- Living Room: (4.60m x 3.10m )with hard floor access via a sliding patio door to the rear, open plan with the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (3.55m x 2.20m )with shaker style units, plumbed for washing machine, integrated oven and hob.
- Bedroom: (2.65m x 2.45m )Double bedroom with window overlooking the front garden.
- Shower Room: (2.40m x 1.90m )with shower, WC, WHB and mosaic tiling.
Features1930?s semi-detached house occupying a corner site.
Mature landscaped gardens front and back.
Extensive driveway offering off street parking.
Lawns well stocked with mature trees and shrubs.
Bay window at ground and first floor level.
Stylish contemporary uPVC double glazed windows.
Gas fired central heating.
Monitored alarm system.
Two matching feature open fireplaces.
Three reception rooms.
Self-contained apartment to side extending to 50sqm (505sqft)
Rear garden with east and south facing aspects.
Two pedestrian accesses to the side accessing the rear garden.
Excellent condition throughout.
Total Gross internal floor area (incl. Attic) approx 200sqm (2155sqft)
Main House: 135sqm (1472sqft)
Attic Room: 16m (178sqft)
Apartment : 50sqm (505sqft)