DescriptionA very fine double fronted Crampton built Tudor style period residence standing in an enviable position in the heart of Donnybrook, a short walk to Herbert Park and Ballsbridge.
Number 10, is a deceptively spacious five bedroom semi-detached residence extending to approximately 192 sq.m (2,065 sqft). While the property has been well-maintained by its current owners, it would now benefit from some modernisation and upgrading but offers huge potential and scope for a new owner to create a home of their dreams. Internally, the accommodation offers spacious bright rooms including a wide welcoming reception hall, two gracious reception rooms, kitchen, sunroom/breakfast room, five generous bedrooms upstairs and a family bathroom.
Outside, there is a large front garden laid in lawn with off-street car parking, side access and a detached garage offering further potential. To the rear, there is a secluded lawned garden with mature hedging, trees and flower beds.
Brendan Road is one of Dublin 4s most sought after and quiet residential roads, being in the heart of Donnybrook a short walk from Herbert Park. There are many excellent primary and secondary schools in the vicinity to include St. Marys NS, Muckross Park College, Gonzaga College, St. Conleths College, St. Michael's, The Teresian School, Ranelagh Multi-Denominational School, as well as Gaelscoil Lios Na nÓg and Scoil Bhríde.
Local amenities in the area include Herbert Park, the RDS, the Aviva Stadium, Merrion Cricket Club, Bective and Old Belvedere rugby clubs. Ranelagh, Donnybrook and Ballsbridge villages are only a short walk away, offering an array of excellent shops, eateries, public houses and many convenience stores including Donnybrook Fair.
- Reception Hall (4.80m x 3.40m )with high ceilings, ceiling coving, centre rose and double doors pening through to the drawing room.
- Drawing Room (6.75m x 4.00m )with high ceilings, centre rose, Kingstar solid fuel/wood burning stove with feature pillars either side. Glazed door with step down to sun room.
- Sitting Room (4.40m x 4.20m )Originally the dining room, with high cielings, cieling coving, centre rose and attractive period fireplace with mahogany surround and marble inset and hearth.
- Kitchen (5.85m x 2.65m )Fitted with a good range of press and drawer units, four ring gas hob with extractor over, NewWorld double oven, one and half bowls stainless steel sink unit, Siemens dishwasher and Zanussi washing machine, tiled floor, part tiled walls and glazed door opening with step down into the sun room/breakfast room.
- Sunroom/Breakfast Room (5.95m x 2.15m )Pine timber panelling, wine cellar/kitchen larder store.
- W.C. (2.10m x 1.75m )with vanity wash hand basin, w.c., pine timber panelling and useful storage cupboard.
- Landing (3.35m x 2.20m )Staircase leading up to the landing with original stain glass window, access hatch to the attic.
- Bedroom 1 (3.90m x 3.25m )to the front, with fitted wardrobes and centre vanity dressser with mirror over.
- Bedroom 2 (4.00m x 3.35m )to the rear, with fitted wardrobes and centre vanity dresser and ensuite.
- Ensuite Bathroom Comprises pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., step-in tiled shower and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 3 (3.95m x 3.75m )To the rear, overlooking the garden.
- Bedroom 4 (4.10m x 3.30m )To the front, with fitted wardrobes and centre vanity dresser.
- Bedroom 5 (3.40m x 2.85m )To the front.
- Main Bathroom (2.60m x 2.05m )with pedestal wash hand basin, w.c. with cistern above, original cast iorn bath with Triton T90Z electric shower over, part tiled walls and tiled floor and hot press with immersion and timer.
FeaturesPrime location in the heart of Donnybrook and a short walk to Herbert Park.
Highly convenient location less than 2km from St. Stephens Green.
Detached garage to the side offering further potential.
Private front and rear gardens and off-street car parking.
Welcoming wide reception hall with high ceilings.
Well proportioned accommodation of approximately 192 sqm (2,065 sqft).
Gas fired central heating.
Excellent public transport including the QBC and a short walk to the LUAS and DART.
BER DetailsBER: C3
BER Number: 103821203