Description Located at the top of Gardiners Hill, just minutes from the heart of Cork City, is 1 Thorne Hill Terrace, a beautifully refurbished three-bedroom terrace home. Constructed c.1870, this property extends to approx. 91.95 sq. mt (990 sq. ft), and blends the character and charm of a Victorian era building with beautiful modern features.
Painted white with a yellow door and trims, this home is instantly appealing. On entering, its cheery and cosy exterior gives way to a bright, airy, and spacious interior. The property has been recently refurbished and now presents an excellent walk-in opportunity to its next owner. Neutral wall colours provide a calm and pleasant backdrop, and new wood flooring running throughout the entire ground floor is uninterrupted by door saddles and accentuates the overall space. A newly fitted kitchen provides plentiful storage, with brand new appliances discreetly integrated. The property has gas central heating, and a new boiler has just been installed.
Accommodation extends to the entrance hall, living room, dining room, and kitchen all at ground floor level, with three bedrooms, and a family bathroom on the first floor. The property is well set back from the street, where there is plentiful on-street parking. Wrought iron railings and a gate surround a mature private planted garden, and a suntrap patio area perfect for outdoor dining and relaxation.
The property is located in a much sought after and convenient location close to the vibrant St. Luke?s village with its artisan food stores, coffee shops, and popular bars. St Luke?s Church, the location for the popular Live at St. Luke?s events, and the Montenotte Hotel, known for its terrace bar overlooking Cork City are just a few minutes? walk away. The city centre, with its abundance of shops, bars, cafes, and amenities, Kent Rail Station, and Cork Bus Station are all within a short walking distance, with the Jack Lynch Tunnel and Cork Airport minutes drive away. The property is close to several primary and second level schools, with an excellent nearby bus service linking the third level institutions of University College Cork and Munster Technological University. A number of sports clubs, including GAA, football, swimming, and marital arts, and several gyms are also located in the surrounding area.
Viewing is by appointment only and highly recommended to appreciate the turnkey opportunity this home presents.
- Entrance Hall ( ) Spacious and bright with gable window and over-door fan light. Storage cupboard beneath the stairs. Finished with wood flooring.
- Living Room (4.26m x 3.42m 13.98ft x 11.22ft) Located to the front of the property this room is cosy and enjoys a deep-set window looking out onto the lawned front garden. Finished with wood floor and recessed lights, and a feature fireplace on the back wall.
- Dining Room/Family Room (5.51m x 2.64m 18.08ft x 8.66ft) Behind the living room and with direct access to the kitchen, this room offers space for dining and an additional relaxation/reading area. Finished with wood floor.
- Kitchen (3.66m x 2.29m 12.01ft x 7.51ft) The kitchen is particularly bright with the addition of a Velux window together with a gable window and glazed door looking out onto an enclosed yard. It has been completely refurbished with new shaker style units in a pleasing neutral colour. The floor units are topped with a speckled white countertop offering an extensive working area. Lower-level larder units, carousel corner units, and drawers provide ample storage. The eye level units are interspersed with display cabinets with under and overhead recessed lighting. Single drainer sink unit fitted. All appliances are integrated and include a brand new fridge/freezer, cooker, hob, extractor, washing machine, and dishwasher.
- Stairs and Landing ( ) The staircase is finished with stained steps complimented by white gloss newels and stained handrail.
- Bedroom 1 (3.43m x 3.14m 11.25ft x 10.30ft) Double bedroom at the rear finished with stained wood floor.
- Bedroom 2 (2.95m x 2.79m 9.68ft x 9.15ft) Double bedroom at the rear finished with stained wood floor.
- Bedroom 3 (3.10m x 2.01m 10.17ft x 6.59ft) Light filled bedroom at the front finished with stained wood floor.
- Bathroom (2.10m x 2.03m 6.89ft x 6.66ft) A lovely bright family bathroom with natural light from a Velux window. The bathroom is fully tiled in black and white. Corner entry shower fitted along with WC and vanity sink with storage beneath.
Features Unique charm and character
Newly fitted kitchen, boiler, kitchen appliances, and wooden flooring on the ground floor
Minutes stroll to St Luke's and Cork City centre
Multiple school and university choices nearby
Excellent transport links
Private garden and sunny patio area
Gas central heating
D2 energy rating
This home is well set back from the street and plenty of parking is available. It is accessed via a pedestrian gate with lawned enclosed gardens on either side. There is a variety of mature planting, and a sunny patio offers private space for relaxation and dining. There is also a small enclosed bright yard to the rear accessed from the kitchen.
BER Details BER: D2
BER No. 114887516