DescriptionSarah's Cottage is a superb traditional style self catering accommodation situated at Glenswilly in the Hills of Donegal overlooking Mt.Errigal and the nearby Meenaroy Mountains. The holiday cottage is at the end of its own road with an old cobble bog road leading into the hills.
The cottage itself is over 200 years old. It has been extensively restored in the past year in a manner that tastefully combines modern comforts with old world charm. To the rear of the cottage there is an enclosed garden. A decking area provides a comfortable area to sit back and enjoy the picturesque countryside. It’s also the perfect location for a barbeque!
Attached to the cottage there is 30 acres of private hill ground for walking and enjoying splendid views of the surrounding countryside.
Nestling in the gentle Hills of Glenswilly Sarah's Cottages has a very peaceful and quiet location. Nevertheless, modern day amenities are nearby - a shop and filling station, deli and post office are situated on the main road at the end of the lane.
* Sarah's Traditional Cottage is situated within minutes travel of some of Donegal and Ireland's greatest attractions, including:-
* Glenveagh National Park: About twenty minutes drive away from Sarah's Cottage this magnificent national park is home to herds of red deer and golden eagles.
* Gartan Outdoor Pursuits Centre: Situated on the shores of Loch Gartan this is a very popular destination for adventure holiday enthusiasts.
* Fintown Light Railway: The wonderfully scenic railway is about fifteen minutes drive away from the cottage. It is equally popular with adults and children alike.
* Newmills Corn and Flax Mills: Situated on the Glenties Road out of Letterkenny the mills contain the largest working waterwheels in Ireland.
* Glebe House and Gallery: This is a Regency house built in 1828 set in woodland and decorated with William Morris textiles, Islamic and Japanese art. Here is housed the Derek Hill Art Collection, including over 300 works of art by leading twentieth century artists, including Picasso and Kokoshk
* Letterkenny Leisure Centre: This excellently equipped leisure centre includes a fitness room, steam room, whirlpool, sauna, plunge pool, kids pool and swimming pool.
* Donegal County Museum: The Museum houses both permanent and temporary exhibitions including displays from the Stone Age, the late Medieval period and the recent history and folk life of the county.
Angling: Visitors to the area around Sarah's Cottage are spoiled for choice with three lakes, Loughs Nacally, Gartan, Akibbon all yielding generous catches. Gartan lake yields a plentiful supply of small brown trout and the odd salmon.
Hill walking: The cottage itself stands at the beginning of an old cobble bog road leading into the hills, making it an ideal starting off point for hill walkers. Marked routes and maps are available.
Sarah's Traditional Cottage provides a unique holiday experience in a tranquil rural setting. Whether you want to enjoy the great outdoors or simply want to unwind and relax Sarah's Cottage provides the ideal holiday base.