DescriptionPoint Meadows is a 3 bedroom holiday home located on the edge of Gleneely village on the Inishowen Peninsula in North East Donegal. Its central location in Inishowen makes it an ideal base to explore this beautiful part of Ireland. The holiday home is a short drive away from the popular family beach resort of Culdaff
A Home from Home Holiday Experience
Point Meadows provides a comfortable holiday home with homely furnishings. There are three double bedrooms and a bathroom with bath and separate shower. There is a living room and a large kitchen with dining area and a small cosy sitting area. There is also a small enclosed front lawn and a paved driveway
Gleneely village itself is a small peaceful village has two local public houses, a petrol station and grocery store/post office. The holiday home is also centrally located between 5 of the main tourist towns on the Inishowen Peninsula – Culdaff (6km), Carndonagh (8km), Moville (10km), Malin Town (10km) and Greencastle(14km). All have major festivals and organised events throughout the year.
The holiday home is also centrally located between some of the finest beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula including Culdaff, Kinnego Bay, Stroove and Five Finger Strand. The superb Ballyliffin Golf Club with two championship links courses is just 18km away. There are also scenic golf courses at Greencastle and at Redcastle. There is a top class childrens leisure and activity centre in Redcastle (10km).
Local Attractions and Amenities
* Go surfing at the blue flag Culdaff Beach
* Try kayaking at the Just Kayak adventure centre based in nearby Moville. This centre offers inland and sea level kayak training as well as tours by canoe and kayak
* Go sea angling from Culdaff. The Inishowen Boating Company operates 2 purpose built fast charter boats from Bunagee Pier Culdaff (22km) . These fully licenced vessels offer sea angling and sight seeing on Lough Foyle
* Visit the newly renovated Isle of Doagh Famine Village near Ballyliffin. This wondeful attraction depicts life in Donegal at different stages throughout history in an informative and enjoyable tour
* Use the Greencastle to Magilligan Ferry to explore the northern coast of Northern Ireland . The Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle are just some of the top attractions in this area.
* Play a round of golf at internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club
* Go pony trekking from a number of Equestrian Centres in and around Malin Town
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Take a trip around the famous Inishowen 100 This is one of Ireland's most scenic drives. The route includes dramatic coastal scenery plus a fine collection of ancient forts and monuments, traditional craft centres, and a dozen or so friendly villages. Scenic highlights include the Gap of Mamore, and Malin Head - Ireland's most northerly point
* Visit the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
* Visit the historic walled City of Derry (30km) – UK City of Culture 2013