DescriptionNo 3 Ballymastoker Heights is a modern 4 bedroom holiday home situated amidst the scenic North Donegal landscape near the fabulous blue flag beach that skirts Ballymastoker Bay. This first rate self catering accommodation is located in a small cul de sac development just outside the popular holiday village of Portsalon. From the holiday home there are views of Lough Swilly, the Inishowen Hills and the superb Portsalon Golf Links.
The Holiday Home
Accommodation in the holiday home consists of 4 bright and comfortable bedrooms (one ensuite) that can sleep up to 10 people. A bright open plan area features a modern kitchen, living area and a conservatory dining area. There is also a separate living room with open fireplace and SKY TV. The sheltered back lawn has a large childrens swing and a picnic bench for al fresco dining.
Superb Golf Links and Blue Flag Beach on your dorrstep
The quaint seaside village of Portsalon is just over1 km from the holiday home This charming resort has a fabulous blue flag beach and a top class golf course. At the village harbour there is a water sports centre where kayaks, pedal boats, wetsuits and boogie boards can be hired. Further north along the Fanad Peninsula from the holiday home there are a number of secluded beaches including Sessiagh and Ballyhoorisky.
The beautiful Ballyhiernan beach is located on the northern coast of the Fanad Peninsula. This beach is the location of the Adventure One Surf School - the leading ISA (Irish Surfing Association) approved school on the north coast of Donegal.
The Rosguill Peninsula via the Mulroy Bridge
The new Mulroy Bridge links the Fanad and Rosguill Peninsulas and now makes it much easier for visitors to the holiday home to access attractions such as the Atlantic Drive, Ards Forest Park and spectacular Horn Head. Indeed the bridge, in the conjunction with the Rathmullan to Buncrana car ferry, will mean that the holiday home is centrally located to play the 3 top rated golf links in North Donegal - Portsalon, Rosapenna and Ballyliffen
Local Activities / Attractions
* Take a trip along the spectacular Knockalla Coast Road
* Golf at Portsalon Golf Club – a classic 18 hole links course literally across the road from the holiday home
* Hire kayaks or pedal boats from the water sports centre at Portsalon harbour
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – Portsalon, Doaghbeg, Ballywhoriskey.
* Try surfing at the Adventure One Surf School in Ballyheirnan Bay
* Go deep sea fishing or sight seeing on Lough Swilly
* Go fly fishing at the Meadows fishery in nearby Rosnakill
* Climb Muckish and Errigal.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk