Lir Cottage is a newly furnished modern cottage located in Clara Meadows just 5mins walk from Dunfanaghy village. Clara meadows is a safe place for children to play well away from main roads. Lir cottage is furnished to a high standard to ensure that you have a very comfortable and welcoming stay in the north west coast of Ireland.
Dunfanaghy Village is located on the shores of Sheephaven Bay and is surrounded by spectacular coastal and mountain scenery. Just a short stroll from the centre of the village - and from the holiday home is the beautiful Killahoey Beach, a three mile stretch of golden sand providing safe bathing. Another outstanding beach is Marble Hill Strand - only 3 km away. Overlooking this sheltered beach is the superb new Shandon Hotel Spa and Wellness Centre. This modern Spa has a hydrotherapy floor and 8 treatment rooms.
Just north of Dunfanaghy lies Horn Head with its striking cliffs scenery and a wide variety of bird life. Perhaps the most dramatic of Donegal's Peninsulas, Horn Head provides stunning scenic drives and numerous scenic walks.
The village of Dunfanaghy - and the nearby town land of Port-na-Blagh - are popular tourist resorts with lively or traditional pubs and a good choice of restaurants. There is something for everyone in this beautiful area, from horse riding to golf, from browsing around the local art galleries to taking leisurely strolls along the magnificent beaches
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf on nearby Dunfanaghy Golf Club â€“ a classic 18-hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Rosapenna and Portsalon
* Visit Ards Forest Park with beautiful walks leading to secluded coves
* 30mins to Dunlewy centre (childrenâ€™s park and animal centre)
* Beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep â€“ Killahoey strand, Marble Hill and Tramore bay
* Day trips run to Tory Island from Portnablagh harbour
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.