DescriptionKinnalargy Cottage is a comfortable self catering holiday home that is located on a hillside 3km from the popular holiday village of Downings in North West Donegal. Form its elevated site the cottage enjoys truly spectacular views of Mulroy Bay and the rugged Fanad Peninsula beyond.
The holiday home itself is designed to take full advantage of the superb local scenery every room to the front of the house enjoys wonderful sea views. The large windows in the spacious sun room offer a breathtaking panoramic view of the bay below.
Downings and the Rosguill Peninsula
The nearby village of Downings is a very popular tourist resort and fishing port with lively pubs and night-life. It is situated on the beautiful Rosguil Peninsula. The natural landscape of this peninsula provides the basis for many of the activities that the visitor can enjoy. In addition to an abundance of golden sandy beaches there are many water based activities in the Downings area - including windsurfing, deep sea diving, sea angling and boat charters. There is also horse riding and hill walking
The Magherabeg Leisure Centre is a modern leisure centre within walking distance of the holiday home and features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, and gym.
Kinnalargy Cottage is ideally located to tour the wonderful scenery of North Donegal. Literally on your doorstep you have the renowned Atlantic Drive. This is a scenic drive starting in Downings and continuing around the Rosguil Peninsula. In the locality you also have the spectacular Lough Salt Drive.
A little further afield you have beautiful and varied coastal landscapes in such areas as Bloody Foreland, Horn Head, the Rosses and the Fanad Peninsula - the latter now much closer with the opening of the new Mulroy Bridge. Moving inland you have the majestic and unspoilt Donegal Highlands where the magnificent Glenveagh National Park is located.
Local Activities / Attractions
* Golf at nearby Rosapenna Golf Club – featuring two classic 18 hole links course. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches on your doorstep – including the fabulous Tramore Strand
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay
* Take a trip around the spectacular Atlantic Drive and Lough Salt Drive
* Use the new Mulroy Bridge to explore the beautiful Fanad Peninsula.
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs. Glenveagh contains the largest red deer population in Europe. Within the National Park Glenveagh Castle and gardens are well worth a visit on their own
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around.
* Take a day trip to Tory Island
For a holiday experience where fine beaches, superb golf courses and beautiful scenery are all on your doorstep, look no further than this cosy holiday home near Downings Village