DescriptionThe Garden Apartment at The Snug is a luxury spacious ground floor pet-friendly apartment located just off the main street in Dunkineely, Co Donegal. The holiday apartment is an ideal base for couples who want to explore the beautiful south west region of Co Donegal - from historic Donegal Town to the dramatic cliffs at Slieve League and from the rugged beauty of St Johns Point to the spendour of the Bluestack Mountains.
This one bedroom apartment has a living area with direct access to the enclosed garden - a garden that enjoys lovely sea and mountain views. There is also a modern fitted kitchen with dining area. All the amenities of Dunkineely - shops, pubs etc - are literally on your doorstep.
With its large, enclosed garden, the apartment is ideal for pets as you can close the gate under the arch and let dog run freely.
Great Touring Base For South West Donegal
The holiday home is 5km from Inver, 8 km from the busy seaside town of Killybegs, 12 km from Mountcharles, 16 km from historic Donegal Town and 19km from the Heritage Town of Ardara. It is an ideal base to tour the magnificent scenery of South West Donegal. The holiday home is also within an hours drive of Letterkenny, Glenveigh National Park, 'Yeats Country' in Sligo and the Fermanagh Lakelands.
There are a number of excellent restaurants throughout the locality including the award winning Castle Murray House Hotel. The holiday home is 1km away from this fine hotel which also makes it an attractive accommodation option for those attending weddings in this popular establishment
The holiday home is surrounded by peaceful country roads and lanes – making it ideal walking, jogging and cycling terrain. Lying to the north of the holiday home are the Bluestack Mountains, which occupy most of central and south west Donegal. The Bluestack Way passes through this mountain range. This is a Waymarked Way, designed to traverse the Bluestacks using existing roadways, paths and tracks to lead the walkers through the mountains in a safe and sustainable manner.
Local Attraction and Amenities
* Enjoy some of the superb beaches in the region - Inver, Fintra, Murvagh, Coral beach at St. John's Point, Narin and Rossnowlagh
* Golf - superb 18 hole links championship courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Narin & Portnoo
* Donegal Town (11km) is of great historical interest and has numerous tourist attractions.
* Cycling South West Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling. There is a Bicycle Hire shop nearby.
* Try sea fishing off the rocks at St. John's Point. Sea Angling Charters are available at Killybegs. River fishing is available on the River Eany in nearby Inver
* Waterworld in Bundoran - one of Ireland's leading Indoor Aqua Adventure Playground is located on the seafront in Bundoran
* Within an hours drive of the holiday home there are numerous top class tourist attractions including The Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Marble Arch Caves in Fermanagh and Slieve League in South West Donegal - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.
* Go trekking from Deane's Equestrian Centre in nearby Bruckless. This centre also features both indoor and outdoor riding arenas