DescriptionEvergreen Cottage is a comfortable 3 bedroom holiday home located on the outskirts of the coastal town of Killybegs in South West Donegal. From the front door it is a short drive or leisurely walk to the town centre while the Blue Flag Fintra Beach is 4km away.
The holiday home has 3 bedrooms to sleep 5 comfortably. There is a kitchen with adjacent dining area and a cosy living room with a solid fuel stove. To the front of the cottage there is good sized lawn.
The town of Killybegs is Ireland’s premier fishing port that is well served with pubs, restaurants and hotels. Unsurprisingly, Killybegs is a popular destination for sea anglers. In recent years it has also developed a reputation for watersports and has become a port of call for cruise ships.
South West Donegal
Evergreen Cottage lies along the route of Irelands Wild Atlantic Way and is just 22km from one of the main Destination Points along this route – the dramatic sea cliffs at Slieve League. These cliffs can be accessed by road or by boat from Teelin Pier. The coastline between Killybegs and Glencolmcille has numerous sandy beaches. The entire Slieve League area is also wonderful walking terrain.
The Glen Folk Village in Glencolmcille is another major attraction. This wonderful museum is a reconstruction of the historic homes and dwellings of South West Donegal. In other directions, Evergreen Cottage is 25km from historic Donegal Town and just over 15km from the heritage town of Ardara.
Local Attractions / Activities
* Enjoy some of the superb beaches in the region - Inver, Fintra, Murvagh, Coral beach at St. John's Point, Narin and Rossnowlagh
* Golf - superb 18 hole links championship courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Narin & Portnoo
* Donegal Town (25km) is of great historical interest and has numerous tourist attractions.
* Cycling - South West Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
* Try sea fishing off the rocks at St. John's Point. Sea Angling Charters are available at Killybegs. River fishing is available on the River Eany in nearby Inver
* Within an hours drive of the holiday home there are numerous top class tourist attractions including The Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Marble Arch Caves in Fermanagh and Slieve League in South West Donegal - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.
* Go trekking from Deane's Equestrian Centre in nearby Bruckless. This centre also features both indoor and outdoor riding arenas