DescriptionDerryhassan is a modern 5 bedroom dormer bungalow located just 2km from the centre of the popular beach resort of Downings in north Donegal. The holiday home is situated along the route of the dramatic Atlantic Drive and enjoys views of Muckish Mountain and Sheephaven Bay.
With its central location on the rugged and beautiful Rosguill Peninsula the holiday home is within easy driving distance of some of the finest beaches in Donegal and indeed Ireland. These include the Blue Flag Downings Beach, Tramore Strand, Tra na Rossan and Melmore. There are numerous other quieter beaches and sandy coves dotted around the peninsula
An Ideal Base for a Beach or Golf Holiday
Downings itself is a lively beach resort of pubs, cafes, craft shops and restaurants, with a small harbour at one end and the Rosapenna Golf Resort at the other end. There are many water based activities in the Downings area - including windsurfing, deep sea diving, sea angling and boat charters. There is also horse riding and hill walking. The Magherabeg Leisure Centre in the village is a modern leisure centre is open to the public and features a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, and gym
The internationally renowned Rosapenna Golf Club is just 4km from the holiday home and features two championship links courses. Rosapenna offers the chance for links golfers to compare and contrast the traditional, old-style links, created by Old Tom Morris, Braid and Vardon and recently redesigned by Pat Ruddy with the modern Sandy Hills links started by the renowned Eddie Hackett and completed with great aplomb by Pat Ruddy.
Local Activities and Amenities
* Take a trip on Atlantic Drive around the spectacular Rosguill Peninsula. The Lough Salt Drive is another scenic route in the locality.
* Use the Mulroy Bridge to explore the neighbouring Fanad Peninsula.
* Golf at Rosapenna Golf Club. Other superb courses in the general locality include Dunfanaghy and Portsalon. Pitch and Putt is also available at Rosapenna
* Enjoy diving in the clear waters of Mulroy Bay and Sheephaven Bay
* Try the Magherabeg Leisure Centre in Downings - facilities include a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym
* Visit Glenveagh National Park, with 16,000 hectares of mountains, lakes, wood and bogs.
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk.
* Fish on Glen Lough or go sea angling from Downings harbour