- Leisure Centres - Ballyshannon Leisure Centre has 25m indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and fitness suite. Waterworld in Bundoran is one of Ireland's leading Indoor Aqua Adventure Playgrounds.
- Visit the Castle Adventure Open Farm - a fantastic day out for all the family with lots of indoor and outdoor activities
- Surfing – Nearby Rossnowlagh has excellent surfing and the European Championships have been held here a number of times. Bundoran is also a top class surfing venue
- Golf - superb 18 hole links courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Bundoran
- Horse Riding - There are a number of Equestrian centres in the region including the Five Oaks Ranch in Ballyshannon and Donegal Equestrian in Bundoran.
- Cycling - South Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
- Beaches - In addition to nearby Rossnowlagh there are fine beaches in Bundoran and Murvagh
- History and Heritage - Visit the the Donegal Historical Society Museum located in the tranquil setting of Rossnowlaghs Franciscan Friary. Other historic sites in the locality include the ruins of Kilbarron Castle and Wardstown Castle. Donegal Castle and the ruins of Donegal Abbey are located in Donegal Town.