- Surfing - Rossnowlagh has excellent surfing and the European Championships have been held here a number of times. Bundoran is also a top class surfing venue Golf - superb 18 hole links courses are located at Murvagh, near Donegal Town and at Bundoran
- Crafts – Britton and Daughters Gallery is located beside the Sandhouse Hotel. On display you will find a vast array of artwork by Barry Britton and his daughter Easkey. There are also beautiful craft shops in Ballyshannon and Donegal Town – the Donegal Craft Village is located in the latter
- Angling - An Duanai Mara Charter Boat is a fully licensed vessel based at Creevy Pier. It offers deep sea fishing, shark angling, and sightseeing trips on Donegal Bay
- Horse Riding - There are a number of Equestrian centres in the region including the Five Oaks Ranch in Ballyshannon and Donegal Equestrian in Bundoran.
- Cycling - South Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
- Beaches - In addition to Rossnowlagh there are fine beaches in Bundoran and Murvagh
- Leisure Centres - Ballyshannon Leisure Centre has 25m indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and fitness suite. Waterworld in Bundoran is one of Ireland's leading Indoor Aqua Adventure Playgrounds.
- History and Heritage - Visit the the Donegal Historical Society Museum located in the tranquil setting of Rossnowlaghs Franciscan Friary. Other historic sites in the locality include the ruins of Kilbarron Castle and Wardstown Castle. Donegal Castle and the ruins of Donegal Abbey are located in Donegal Town