DescriptionCionn Locha is a modern semi detached holiday home located in a small development just 3km from the popular beach and surf resort of Bundoran in Co Donegal. The holiday home in Kinlough, is surrounded by world famous angling lakes and rivers and is close to a number of top sea angling destinations. Cionn Locha is also an ideal central base to explore Yates Country and the Wild Atlantic Way in Leitrim, Sligo and South Donegal.
A Relaxing Holiday Base Between Lake and Sea
The holiday home has 3 bedrooms to sleep 8 people comfortably. One bedroom is ensuite and there is a main bathroom on the first floor. The living room is comfortably furnished and has an open fireplace. The spacious kitchen is well equipped for a self catering holiday.
The kitchen and the back garden enjoy views of the Dartry mountains and ruins of Kinlough House (once home to the Leitrim High Sheriff). In addition to the back garden there is a front garden and also a large green area to front of estate.
A Welcome Pack is provided to help you settle in and information on attractions and activities is also available for you to plan your stay.
Kinlough and Bundoran
The village of Kinlough is situated between the beautiful Darty Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a lovely restaurant and a number of bars and fast food outlet. The town also has supermarkets that can supply all your needs i.e spar, butchers, petrol stations. Nearby Lough Melvin is a natural haven that wildlife enthusiasts will enjoy
The seaside resort of Bundoran offers all types of entertainment from traditional music sessions, jazz and blues and good old country and western to jive the night away. From music festivals to food festivals there is always something happening.
Tullan Strand in Bundroan is one of the top surfing destinations in Ireland and several surf schools operate from here. On the shorefront there are several childrens playgrounds and the fabulous Waterworld Complex - one of Ireland's Premier Indoor Aqua Adventure Playgrounds. Bundoran Golf Club is a challenging 18 hole course with a par 70, sweeping along the coastline.
Two of Irelands premier angling locations of Lough Melvin and The River Drowes are on the doorstep of the holiday home. Lough Melvin, Irelands 10th largest lake is world renowned for its salmon and trout fishing. The 1st salmon of the year has often been caught on the River Drowes which runs from the lake. Sea angling on the coast is also just a few miles away.
Wild Atlantic Way
The holiday home is an ideal base to explore the Wild Atlantic Way in this part of Ireland – from the sandy beaches at Mullaghmore and Streedagh in Co Sligo all the way to the dramatic Slieve League Cliffs near Carrick in Co Donegal.
This stretch of the Wild Atlantic Way includes numerous Blue Flag Beaches and several surfing hotspots. Watersports of all kind are popular in this region – including, wind surfing, kite surfing, sea kayaking, coasteering and sailing.
Local Attractions / Amenities
* Try the leisure facilities at Bundoran Waterworld or relax in the Aqua Mara Seawater Baths & Treatment Centre
* explore Yeats Country and visit W.B. Yeats grave at Drumcliffe, enjoy a cruise on Lough Gill, visit Glencar Waterfall and Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery
* Enjoy the beautiful beaches in the region - Bundoran, Rossnowlagh, Mullaghmore and Streedagh
* Enjoy surfing at Bundoran or at nearby Rossnowlagh. There are 3 ISA approved surf schools in Bundoran
* Go bowling at the Bundoran Glowbowl
* Go fishing or sightseeing on Donegal Bay - there are charter boats based at Bundoran and Mullaghmore
* Walk along some of the scenic coastal walks in the area - The Cliff Walks and Rougey Walk
* Go hill walking in the Dartry Mountains
* Horse Riding - several equestrian centres are available locally providing lessons and daily treks.
* Cycling - bike hire is available in Bundoran or bring your own and explore the Wild Atlantic Way on two wheels.