Binanea Cottage is located along the Wild Atlantic Way at Ards Beg to the west of the village of Gortahork. It is within easy driving distance of the harbour and beach at Magheroarty, where you can catch the ferry to Tory Island. The rear garden of the cottage leads down to the sea coast and wrap-around sunroom takes full advantage of natural sunlight throughout the day.
Superb Wild Atlantic Way & Mountain Scenery
The nearby village of Gortahork is well served with amenities including hotel, bars, pizzeria, garage and shops. There are several beautiful beaches around the area including Dooey Strand at Magheroarty and Drumnatinney beach in Falcarragh - both popular for surfing. Muckish and Errigal Mountains are easily accessible for the keen hill walker. For the walker there are numerous quiet country roads and coastal paths surrounding the holiday home.
Local Attractions and Amenities
* Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality - at Magheroarty, Falcarragh, Derrybeg and Dunfanaghy.
* Golf at the Cloughaneely Golf Club in nearby Falcarragh. Within 20 minutes drive there are 2 other links courses at Gweedore and Dunfanaghy
* Take a day trip to Tory Island or Inishboffin Island. The ferry service to Tory Island is available from Magheroarty Pier several times a day - weather permitting
* Find numerous peaceful roads, country lanes and mountain tracks to walk. SlÃ an Earagail - a Bealach na Gaeltachta Waymarked Way - passes through the locality
* Climb Muckish and Errigal. Mount Errigal, the highest mountain in Donegal is a demanding climb and once on the summit you can see for miles around
* Visit the beautiful gardens and castle of Glenveagh National Park
* Take a trip around the spectacular Bloody Foreland
* Visit Dunlewey Lakeside Centre - Facilities include restaurant, tea-room, craft shop, adventure play areas, pets & animals, storytelling, boat trips on Dunlewey Lake, guided tours and weaving demonstrations. There is also a state of the art theatre which features performances from Irish and International artists.