Description6 Millars Way is a modern 3 bedroom holiday home locate just 500 metres from The Diamond, in Carndonagh. Carndonagh itself it the main town on the northern part of the Inishowen Peninsula and is an ideal base to explore this beautiful part of Donegal.
Beautiful Beaches on your doorstep
Boasting a lovely selection of cafes, pubs and shops, Carndonagh has a strong reputation for traditional music and culture with many musicians, artists and writers making it their home. The town is also just a 10 minute drive from four of the finest beaches on the Inishowen Peninsula – Pollan Strand at nearby Ballyliffin, Tullagh Strand just north of Clonmany, Five Finger Strand near Malin and Culdaff Blue Flag Beach.
Ballyliffin Golf Club
The holiday home is also an ideal base for the keen golfer. The superb Ballyliffin Golf Club is 9km away and features two championship links courses – The Old Course and the Glashedy Course. Ballyliffin been described as “the Ballybunion of the North” – and its not hard to see why. The golf links covers 365 acres of magnificent duneland and is bounded by rolling hills and mountains – the only other boundary is the Atlantic Ocean.
Just a few miles beyond Ballyliffin Golf Club is the Doagh Famine Village. This wonderful amenity offers a large selection of life size attractions portraying life in Ireland from the 1840s until the present day. The centre is built around and includes original thatched dwellings which were still inhabited up until 1983 by the owners family and your tour guide, Pat Doherty.
Locat Attractions and Amenities
* Take a trip around the famous Inishowen 100 This is one of Ireland's most scenic drives. The route includes dramatic coastal scenery plus a fine collection of ancient forts and monuments, traditional craft centres, and a dozen or so friendly villages. Scenic highlights include the Gap of Mamore, and Malin Head - Ireland's most northerly point
* Enjoy pony trekking from the Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre
* Check out the Glendowen Craft Studio near Clonmany which specialises in the design and making of Donegal Tweed garments and accessories
* Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
* Go walking on the many coastal pathways, woodland, and hills on the Inishowen Peninsula.
* Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club. Other fine golf courses on the Inishowen Peninsula can be found at Greencastle, Redcastle and Buncrana.
* Enjoy a meal at McGrory’s of Culdaff. This renowned establishment features an award winning restaurant, traditional bar with regular Irish Music Sessions and the famous Backroom - one of Ireland's leading live music venues.
* Visit the the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
* Use the car ferry at Greencastle to explore the northern coasts of Derry and Antrim - including the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Bushmills Distillery.
* Take a day trip to the Historic Walled City of Derry (28km)