Callan courthouse dates back to c.1840 and is recgognised as one of the earliest-surviving civic structures in the area. In 2005, the property underwent a total redevelopment and had been transformed into a two storey modern office. The ground floor has been converted into a modern medical facility and is currently occupied by CEART Health Partnership. The ground floor accommodation includes reception, waiting room, 4 x treatment rooms, wheelchair accessible shower room and offices. There are two public car park spaces to the front of the building and wheelchair access to the ground floor.
There is a separate door which provides access to the first floor accommodation. This area has been occupied by a solicitors practice since the property was renovated. The first floor comprises of a large reception area with wood panel walls, accounts office, 2 x consultation rooms, canteen, male and female toilets and two large offices. There is a large basement area which houses the wood pellet burner and is also used as a file store.
A landmark property which has been restored to the highest of standard and complies with all building and fire regulations.
Ground floor tenants are not affected.
Entrance Hall - 2.2m x 3.0m
Glazed front door. Tiled floor.
Waiting room - 3.0m x 2.3m
Solid timber floor, glazed panels and door.
Reception - 4.5m x 3.0m
Window to the front of the building. Solid timber floor.
Treatment room 1 - 30.0sq m
Large treatment room with timber floor and whb.
WC - 3.1m x 1.9m
Large wheelchair accessible toilet.
Treatment room 2 - 3.1m x 6.2m
Timber floor, sink and built in storage units.
Treatment room 3 - 3.0m x 4.5m
Green Street, Callan, Co. Kilkenny,
Tel: +353 (0)56 7725163
PSRA Licence No. 002567 / 002567