Description- Off interest to publicans, builders and investors
- Extensive suburban licensed premises and important adjoining mixed use development site with FPP for 22 apartments, 9 new retail units, creche and medical centre. Two existing adjoining retail units (one unit currently trading as an Off Licence and one unit vacant).
- Occupying a pivotal location on the southern side of Maynooth adjacent to the existing Newtown Neighbourhood Retail centre and amongst a number of larger scale residential developments.
- Maynooth is Ireland's only university town with a population of approx. 14,585 persons (2016 Census). Excellent rail and transport links to Dublin city centre. Existing licensed includes; public bar, sports lounge, first floor restaurant, basement kitchen, off licence, basement and extensive carpark. Overall site area approx. 1.2 acre / 0.485 hectare.
- FPP for a landmark scheme over four levels incorporating 4 no. 3 bedroom apartments, 14 no. 2 bedroom apartments, 4 no. 1 bedroom apartments, 9 no. retail units, creche and medical centre together with basement car spaces and 15 surface car spaces.
- Given its location within 800 meters of Maynooth University Campus and Maynooth Rail this property offers significant alternative options in terms of student accommodation etc.
An important sale of this landmark premises together with adjoining mixed use residential development site. The Newtown Inn itself is an extensive well appointed licenced premises originally developed in the mid 2000's and offered for sale as a going concern with strong all year round trade. (CTO figures available). Presently it extends to approx. 320 sq.m. plus, incorporating adjoining off licence and first floor restaurant and large basement with kitchen, main public bar, beautifully appointed bar, lounge and sports bar (recently refurbished), cold room, keg store and staff facilities. Outdoor smoking area/beer garden.
Ladies and Gents toilets. The entire property is in excellent condition having benefited from significant investment in recent years. The adjoining proposed mix use development which will incorporate The Newtown will provide an attractive contemporary building in a prime high profile site benefitting from excellent access to Maynooth town centre and University Campus.
The said property is set adjacent to the Newtown neighbourhood shopping centre which presently includes; Spar Shop, Maynooth Cycles, Maynooth Drycleaners and Hotheads Hair salon. It is located on the south western side of Maynooth, easily accessible to the M4 motorway and within 800 meters of Maynooth University Campus and Rail Station. Neighbouring residential developments include; Meadowbrook, Beaufield, Kingsbry, Old Greenfield, College Green and Cluain Aoibhinn. Maynooth itself has become one of the top choices for commuters on the western side of Dublin, which is within 23 kms. Maynooth University is locataed on the northern periphery of the town and has experienced tremendous growth and development in recent years and has now an enrolled student population of bjust over 13,000. Maynooth University is recognised as of the leading new universites in the world, ranked #49 in the latest Times Higher Education (THE) "Young Universities List". The population of Maynooth itself as of the Census 2016 was 14,585 persons.
Maynooth provides a wealth of retail amenities for all ages to enjoy, from trendy boutique shopping to some of Ireland's largest retailers including Tesco, Dunnes Stores, Aldi, Lidl, Next, Boots, Sports Direct and The Range. Both the Carton Park and Manor Mills centres on either side of the town centre attract significant numbers of shoppers on a weekly basis. The town is also home to a number of high class eateries and cafes and has now become the "cullinary capital of North Kildare.
We are advised by the vendor's solicitor that the property is held under a clean marketable freehold title
An Bord Pleanala Ref Number: PL 09.234521
The entire property is zoned 'Neighbourhood Centre' in the current Maynooth Local Area Plan 2014 to 2019.
All mains services are presently connected to the property. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves as to the adequacy of same.
BER DetailsBER: C2
BER No: 800689812
Performance Indicator: 739.42
Viewing InformationStrictly by appointment with Sherry FitzGerald Maynooth on 01 6510000