The former Loretto Convent and School offers a substantial and prestigious site with panoramic views over Youghal Bay. Comprising c. 50,000 square feet of floor space, the site is ideally located close to Youghal town centre, 1798 Green Park, Greenhole beach (directly opposite) and with easy access to the N25 Cork - Rosslare route.
Three primary buildings stand on the site;
The Old Convent
The Old Convent premises built c. 1900. Comprises 2 storey over basement, eleven bay building and listed as a protected structure No. 2801 in the Youghal Town Development Plan. Windows have been upgraded to uPVC. Floor space of approx. 1310 sq.m.
Basement: laundry, kitchen, bathroom/shower rooms, stores, library.
Ground Floor: Entrance Hall, two bedrooms â€“ ensuite leading to conservatory
First floor: Oratory, community room (old Chapel), three bedrooms (one ensuite), tea station, work room, bathroom.
Attic: Four bedrooms plus office
Marymount / Ashton Court
The historic Ashton Court premises built c. 1850 and extended and refurbished in 1991. Comprises 2 storey over basement, six bay building and listed as protected structure No. 2802 in the Youghal Town development Plan. Accommodation consists of;
Ground Floor: 1 classroom, 2 general purpose rooms
First Floor: 2 offices, 5 classrooms, entrance Hall, toilets. Connects to school building.
Second Floor: 4 classrooms, 5 general purpose rooms, 1 locker room, 2 toilets.
Attic: Three rooms.
Size: Approx. 1310 sq. m. approx:
The more modern school building completed circa. mid 1970's is of concrete block construction, red brick facades, concrete floors and has a flat concrete roof.