Terms & Conditions
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which govern your ("the User") access to and use of MyHome.ie website and other digital products offered by The Irish Times Limited trading as MyHome.ie ("MyHome" "us" "we"), including but not limited to mobile applications. . In these terms and conditions the Site refers collectively to all digital products and services offered by us, including any mobile applications regardless of how you choose to access them. Uses of the Site include accessing, browsing or registering to use our Site. Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the Site. By using the Site you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to comply with them. We may review these terms and conditions and revise them at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you and each time you use the Site you agree to be bound by the current terms and conditions.
- Information about us
- Accessing our Site
- Intellectual Property Rights
- No Reliance on Information
- Mobile Application
- Limitation of Liability
- User Submissions
- Links to and from Other Websites
- Third Parties
The Site is operated by The Irish Times Limited trading as MyHome.ie. We are registered in Ireland under company number 2514. We are a limited company.
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We do not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the Site and its server are free of computer viruses and other harmful elements. If your use of the Site or the content displayed on it results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we assume no responsibility whatsoever for those costs.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by Irish and European Union copyright laws and international conventions. All such rights are reserved.
You are prohibited from modifying, publishing, transmitting, selling, participating in the transfer or sale or reproducing, creating derivative works from, distributing, performing, displaying or in any way exploiting any of the materials or content on the Site or the software or materials relating thereto in whole or in part. In particular, the use of any material or content from the Site on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
You may view, print and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. You must retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the original material on any copy you make of the material.
Unauthorised use of the material may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the material.
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, the Site or content displayed on it may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content on the Site or about the results to be obtained from using the Site and any content published on it. In particular we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, reliability or quality of any property descriptions made available on the Site or as to the availability for purchase or rental of any property. The use of the Site and its content is entirely at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time without notice.
The Site and any content displayed on it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranties of any kind. We and our suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all conditions and warranties, express or implied including, without limitation, any warranty or terms of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties rights, and any warranty of fitness for particular purpose. We and our suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics or links.
The additional terms set out below apply to any contract between you and us when you download our mobile application. Please read this section carefully before downloading the mobile application. This document is an End User Licence Agreement ("EULA") which is a legal agreement between you ("End User" or "you") and The Irish Times Limited trading as MyHome.ie ("Licensor", us or we) for our Mobile Applications (the "App").
We licence the use of the App to you on the basis of this EULA and subject to any rules or policies by any app store provider.
We do not sell the App to you. We remain the owners of the App at all times.
Operating System requirements: This App requires for IOS devices, a minimum IOS8.4+ operating system and a minimum memory of 60mb memory and for and an Android a minimum 2.1 (Éclair) operating system and 24mb of memory.
If you do not agree to the terms of this licence, we will not licence the App to you and you must stop the download or streaming process now by clicking on the cancel button below.
5(a) Agreed Terms
The terms of this EULA apply to the App or any of the services accessible through the App ("Services") including any updates or supplements to the App, unless they come with separate terms, in which those terms apply. If any open source software is included in the App, the terms of the open source licence may override some of the terms of this EULA.
We may change these terms at any time by sending you an SMS with details of the change or notify you of a change when you next start the App. New terms may be displayed on screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the Services.
From time to time updates to the App may be issued through the app store. Depending on the update you may not be able to use the Services until you have downloaded or streamed the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
You will be assumed to have obtained the owner’s of the mobile telephone or hand held devices that are controlled but not owned by you ("Devices") consent to download or stream a copy of the App on to the Devices. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You accept responsibility in terms of this EULA for use of the App or any Services or in relation to any Devices, whether or not it is owned by you.
By using the App you consent to us collecting and using technical information about the Devices and related software, hardware and peripherals for Services that are internet based or wireless to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
We may make use of location data sent from the Devices. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services setting for the App on the Device. If you use these Services, you consent to us and our affiliates and licensees transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your location based products and Services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services settings.
This Site or any Services may contain links to other independent third party websites, ("Third Party Sites"). Third Party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with any third party sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
5(b) Grant and Scope of Licence
You may download or stream a copy of the App on to a mobile telephone or tablet to view, use and display the App on Devices for your personal purposes only;
5(c) Licence Restrictions
Except as expressly set out in this EULA or permitted by any local law you agree:
- (a). Not to copy the App except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App, or where it is necessary for the purposes of backup or operational security;
- (b). Not to rent, lease, sublicense, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App;
- (c). Not to make alterations to or modifications of the whole or any part of the App, or permit the App or any part of it to be combined with or incorporated in any other programmes;
- (d). Not to dissemble, decompile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or attempt to do such things;
- (e). To keep all copies of the App secure and to maintain accurate and up to date records of the number and locations of all copies of the App;
- (f). To include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of the App on any medium;
- (g). Not to provide or otherwise make available the App in whole or in part (including objects and source code) in any form to any person without prior written consent from us; and
- (h). To comply with all technological controls or export laws and regulations that apply to technologies used or supported by the App or any Service.
5(d) Acceptable Use Restrictions
- (a). Not use the App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with this EULA or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, in to the App, any Service or any operating system;
- (b). Not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any Service (the extent that such use is not licenced by this EULA);
- (c). Not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive, breaches the Equality Acts 2000 - 2015 or is otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or any Service;
- (d). Not to the use the App or any Service in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- (e). Not to collect or harvest any information or data from any Services or our systems or attempt to despiser any transmissions to or from the Server running together Acceptable Use Restrictions any Service.
5(e) Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that all intellect property rights in the App and the technology anywhere in the world belonging to us or our licensors, the rights in the App are licenced (not sold) to you and you have no rights in, or to, the App and the technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to this App in source code form,
We may terminate this EULA immediately by written notice to you:
- (a). If you commit a material or persistent breach of this EULA which you fail to remedy, if remediable within fourteen days after service of written notice requiring you to do so.
- (b). If you breach of any of the licence restrictions or acceptable use restrictions.
In termination for any reason:
- (a). All rights granted to you under this EULA shall cease;
- (b). You must immediately cease all activities authorised by EULA, including your use of any Services;
- (c). You must immediately delete or remove the App from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App in your possession, custody or control and certify to us to that you have done so.
5(g) Events outside our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in the performance of, any of our obligations under this EULA that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including failure of public or private telecommunications networks ("Event Outside Our Control").
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this EULA:
- (a). Our obligations under the EULA will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control ; and
- (b). We will use our reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which our obligations under this EULA may be performed despite the Event Outside Our Control.
5(h) Other Important Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under this EULA to another organisation but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this EULA. You may only transfer your rights or obligations under this EULA to another person if we agree in writing.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under this EULA, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we automatically waive any later default by you.
Each of the conditions of this EULA operates separately. If any Court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable the remaining conditions will remain in full force.
Please note that this EULA, its subject matter and its formation are governed by Irish law. You and we both agree that the Courts of Ireland will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use the Site
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site
- For any failure to perform (or delay in performing) any of our obligations hereunder caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue
- Business interruption
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial of service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to the Site. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To the extent permitted by law our aggregate liability to you for all claims arising from the use of the Site or the content displayed on it is limited to €1 and you acknowledge that this is a genuine pre-estimate of any loss you might suffer as a result of such a claim.
In no event shall we, or our suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the Site be liable for any damages whatsoever , whether in contract, tort, (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, (including, without limitation, incidental, special and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Site and the content displayed on it, whether based on statute, contract, tort, or any other legal cause, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
Any communication which you post to the Site is considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting communications to the website, you automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sub-license such rights through multiple tiers of sub-licenses.
As a User, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party or user for the content or accuracy of any content posted or uploaded by you or any other user of our site. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
All communications and submissions posted to the Site must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in Ireland and in any country from which they are posted.
You must not do the following things:
- post material in circumstances that breach the criminal law
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Post material which is discriminatory or indicates an intention to discriminate or might be reasonably understood to indicate such an intention to discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil or marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, race, disability, age, membership of the traveller community or on the grounds that a person is in receipt of rent supplement, housing assistance or other social welfare payments and/or which breaches our Equality Guidelines
- post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner
- post material that infringes on the privacy or publicity rights of others
- post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity
- post a sexually-explicit material or images
- give the impression that the communication or submission emanates from us, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful acts such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- impersonate another person or entity or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
You agree not to use the Site or cause or permit any content displayed on it to be used:
- so as to jeopardise or prejudice the operation, quality or integrity of the Site or the content displayed on it, the operation, quality or integrity of any telecommunications network, or any other use which might be deemed by us to be harmful to our business, reputation or the commercial exploitation of the Site
- for any commercial purpose including any surveys, contests or pyramid schemes, nor to use a Service to participate in or cause others to participate in sending chain letters, junk e-mail, spam, duplicative or unsolicited messages, advertising or promotional material
- to harvest or otherwise collect by any means any content or information (including without limitation email addresses or details of properties) from the Site otherwise than as authorised in these Terms and Conditions or to monitor, mirror or copy any content or material displayed on the Site without our prior written consent
- to distribute, download, upload or transmit any material which contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or any other harmful or deleterious program
- contrary to the terms and conditions of any Internet Service Provider whose services you may use.
You warrant that any contribution or submission by you to our Site complies with these Terms and Conditions, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, we do not screen user communications and submissions in advance of them being posted on the Site and we are not responsible for screening or monitoring any such communications or submissions.
The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, not may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in condition 4 above.
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the Linked Sites by us or any association with its owners or operators. User correspondence or business dealing with advertisers or third parties found on or through linked sites, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the User and such advertiser or third party. The User agrees that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such links on the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MyHome, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, due to or arising out of any of the following: (i) the User’s use of the Site or any part thereof (ii) Violation of these terms and conditions or any provision therein by the User (iii) Display or publication of any content submitted by any User (iv) Any infringement by the User of the intellectual property rights of any person or entity
We may serve advertisements to the Site or work with third parties to serve the advertisements. Advertisements placed on the Site may include but are not limited to banner ads, paid links, pop-up windows, buttons and sponsorships. The User agrees that we have the right to run such advertisements and promotions. We do not control the content of any services supplied by third parties, and the inclusion of content does not imply endorsement of the third party by us or any association with that third party. User correspondence or business dealing with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or third parties found on or through the Site, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the User and such advertiser or third party. The User agrees that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on the Site.
The Site is controlled by us from our location within Ireland. MyHome makes no representation the Site or content displayed on it are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Any disputes, claims or proceedings arising out of or in any way relating to the Site or content displayed on it shall be governed by the laws of Ireland. The Irish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the purpose of any proceedings arising out of or in any way relating to the Site. Without prejudice to the foregoing, we may seek provisional or protective relief in the courts of another State prior to, during or after any substantive proceedings have been instituted in Ireland and we may bring enforcement proceedings in another state on foot of an Irish judgment.
If any provision of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Site and will take immediate effect.
We may at any time and without liability modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any content (or any part or specification thereof), with or without notice, for any valid technical, operational or commercial reasons.