DescriptionRarely does a Gate Lodge come to the market in such immaculate condition. The Gate Lodge, The Elms has been thoroughly renovated and extended by the current owners, bringing the property up to modern day living standards whilst still retaining the charm of the original gate house. Dating from the late 19th century, the property originally served as a gate house, providing entrance to the Earl of Pembroke?s estate.
This property is sure to suit a host of buyers from those looking to upsize to a spacious three bedroom home in the heart of Blackrock or alternatively those wishing to downsize to a large bungalow in pristine condition.
The accommodation briefly comprises; A welcoming entrance porch that opens to the living area which retains the period charm of the original gate house, with feature fireplace and sash windows. This living room is open to the large bright dining area with vaulted ceilings and double patio doors to the garden. There is a large modern kitchen open to the dining room with all the modern built-in appliances including space for a Rangemaster cooker. Feature double doors divide the living room from the vaulted skylit hallway, creating a bedroom wing with three large double bedrooms all with built in wardrobes and master with en-suite. Finally a modern bathroom and outdoor utility/storage room complete the accommodation.
The Gate Lodge boasts two manicured garden areas. The first, 65ft larger garden, boasting a south-easterly aspect, is to the side and front of the property with a pebbled driveway for at least two cars, lawned area, mature plants, shrubs and trees, garden shed and large composite decking area perfect for dining ??Al fresco??. The second garden is situated to the rear of the property and is mainly laid in lawn with decked path, granite walls and storage room/ utility.
The location is of unparalleled convenience being situated within walking distance of Blackrock Village with its wide array of restaurants, cafes, boutique style shops, two shopping centres and the vibrant amenities at the Blackrock Market. The property is also situated within a pleasant stroll of Blackrock Park, Carysfort Park and many pleasant coastal walks. Transport options are excellent being close to the Quality Bus Corridor (QBC) as well as the DART making access to the city centre very simple and the M50 is also close at hand opening up the national road networks. Further amenities are available at Stillorgan. One is spoilt for choice in terms of excellent schools being situated in the vicinity of some of South County Dublin?s most highly regarded schools including Blackrock College, Willow Park, St. Andrew?s, Booterstown National School, Our Lady of Mercy?s Booterstown, Dominican College Sion Hill, CBC Monkstown, Loreto College Foxrock, Teresians, Mount Anville national, junior and secondary schools, Carysfort National School and Hollypark girls & boys national school. Smurfit?s Business College is within a short walk and UCD Belfield is also within very close striking distance.
- Outside the garden to the rear is mainly laid in lawn with decked area, mature plants, shrubs and trees with a garden shed
- Porched Entrance with tiled floor and door to1.10m x 0.83m
- Living/Dining Room with feature cast iron open fireplace, sash windows and original sash window, laminate wood flooring, patio double doors to the rear garden and opening to the7.10m x 6.80m
- Kitchen with wall and floor units, tiled floor, tiled splashback, stainless steel sink, plumbed for dishwasher, fridge/freezer, Rangemaster, five ring gas hob and extractor fan3.98m x 2.70m
- Inner Hall with laminate flooring and leads out to the rear garden
- Bathroom with tiled walls and floor, wash hand basin, w.c., bath with Triton shower, access to the attic and hot press
- Bedroom 1 with windows to front, built in wardrobe, eaves storage and vaulted ceiling3.60m x 3.20m
- Bedroom 2 with built in wardrobes, vaulted ceiling and door to4.40m x 3.40m
- En Suite Shower Room with part tiled walls, tiled floor, w.c., wash hand basin and shower
- Bedroom 3 overlooking the second garden with built in wardrobes and work station4.40m x 3.10m
- Secondary Garden Area with small decked path leading to lawned areas bordered by granite wall
- Out Building/Utility Room block built with washing machine, floor cabinets, stainless steel sink and tiled floor
FeaturesSuperbly located off Mount Merrion Ave
Freehold property with generous accommodation of approximately 112sqm/ 1205 sq.ft (including the utility room)
Close to some of South County Dublin?s most well-respected schools
Two manicured lawned gardens and off street parking. The larger being South East facing and 65ft long. Excellent transport links
Minutes walk to Blackrock VillageOil fired central heating
Newly refurbished throughout whilst retaining period charm