DescriptionSummerhill is a detached and very private family home with bright and spacious accommodation over 3 floors. The property is on an elevated site with commanding southerly views of Dublin Bay and south county coastline. The property is in excellent condition and has the benefit of planning permission to extend the existing accommodation to the side and rear if required. There are generously proportioned bedrooms and a number of bathrooms and a feature is the large paved terrace area to the front to make the most of the wonderful southerly aspect ensuring maximum levels of afternoon and evening sunshine and designed to make the most of this marine vista. A superb entertaining and relaxing area. The large attic room is currently used as a games room and has Velux cabrios to the front, which turn from a window to a balcony to further enjoy the views.
The landscaped gardens are laid out in tiers of lawn amidst mature plants A sweeping driveway leads you up to the property away from prying eyes and there is a large double garage with electric door.
Watch the merchant ships and ferries glide in to and out of Dublin Port, and the flotilla of pleasure craft sail out from Dunlaoighre. The views at night with twinkling lights from across the bay are just as mesmerising.
Carrickbrack Road is one of the most highly sought after residential addresses in north county Dublin and for good reason. It is a mature residential road of quality family homes located in an area known locally as Somali village, and it is exceptionally well located close to all the amenities Howth has to offer.
Nearby are Howth Golf Club and Sutton Park school. It is only a few minutes? drive to the thriving seaside village of Howth with its selection of renowned restaurants, shops and Howth Yacht club for the sailing enthusiasts. There are DART stations in Howth and Sutton and the 31A/B bus service pass the door. Dublin city is a mere 12km and Dublin International Airport is approximately 25 minutes? drive.
- Entrance Porch: Tiled floor.2.00m x 1.80m
- Inner Hallway: Sliding door to balcony area over looking Dublin Bay. Wood floors and solid fuel burning stove.3.78m x 2.90m
- Cloakroom & WC: WC, WHB, heated towel rail, tiled floor and part tiled walls.3.03m x 1.62m
- Inner Hallway: with wood floor. Stairwell with spiral staircase to upper and lower levels.8.76m x 1.12m
- Bedroom 1: 3.73m x 2.40m
- Laundry Room: with tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine and dryer, counter tops, sink unit and large press.3.73m x 2.62m
- Kitchen: Tiled floor, sliding door to rear garden, fully fitted extensive range of floor and wall mounted units, four ring ceramic hob with extractor fan, built in oven and grill, sink unit and drainer and plumbed for washing machine.3.88m x 3.71m
- Bedroom 2: Sliding door to balcony area to the front and en-suite. Great views.4.40m x 4.00m
- En-Suite: Shower cubicle, double WHB, WC, heated towel rail, tiled floor and tiled walls.3.25m x 1.80m
- Sitting Room: Large open plan to front of house with double sliding doors out to balcony area, stunning sea views of Dublin Bay with two large feature open fireplaces.9.20m x 4.68m
- Large Patio area Very large south facing balcony/patio area area to the front of the house with stunning sea views of Dublin Bay all the way across from Dalkey Island to the city centre and Dollymount beach.
- Attic Room: Games room with ample eaves storage, pitch pine ceiling, three velux windows to the rear and four velux windows to the front which can open out and used as a balcony.9.25m x 6.50m
- Ground Floor level
- Hallway: Large walk in hot press with water tanks.7.00m x 1.06m
- Family Bathroom: Bath with shower attachment, WHB, WC, vanity unit, tiled floor and walls and heated towel rail.3.35m x 1.71m
- Bedroom 3: Large double room with built in wardrobes, room faces out to the front with sea views and has en-suite with shower cubicle, WC, WHB, tiled floors and walls and heated towel rail.6.40m x 3.25m
- Bedroom 4: Built in wardrobes and large walk in dressing room area.4.50m x 3.20m
- Walk In Wardrobe: Ample storage space.2.45m x 1.70m
- Bedroom 5: Located to the front of the house with sea views.5.70m x 3.60m
- Garage: Double garage with electronic up and over folding door, side window, door to side passageway, tool shed area and fuse box.7.10m x 5.35m
- Outside Sweeping driveway leads up to the main entrance of the property and steps lead up to the main entrance. The Garage is on this level. To the rear is a garden in various steeped sections. There is a patio area running behind the house accessed from kitchen.
- Planning permission Planning permission was granted in 2016 for proposed alterations to second floor elevation to front of house and first and second floor extension to rear of house to provide two additional bedrooms, a playroom and extended kitchen.119.6 sq.m.
FeaturesPlanning granted in 2016 for proposed alterations to second floor elevation to front of house and first and second floor extension (119.6 sq.m.) to rear of house to provide two additional bedrooms, a playroom and extended kitchen.
Large double garage
3 floors of accommodation extending to 275sq.m excluding garage of 38sq. m / 408sqft
Stunning views of Dublin Bay.
Driveway with ample parking.
Garden to rear.
Oil fired central heating.