DescriptionPink Gate Cottage is a beautiful traditional cottage set on the Kerry coastline on Valentia Island. It has wonderful views out to Dingle Bay and Peninsula and the Blasket Islands. The cottage is just a short drive to Portmagee and Knightstown, the main town on the island with all amenities right on your doorstep. Valentia Island is connected to the main land by bridge and a ferry service.
AccommodationThe cottage has been restored and maintained to high standards and comprises of a cosy sitting room with an electric stove. Just off the sitting room is a sunroom with large windows to enjoy the views from. There is charming kitchen cum dining room with built in units and a feature raised stove. Just off the kitchen is the master bedroom en-suite. On the first floor there are two further double bedrooms, a large family bathroom with a roll top bath and a separate WC. All bathrooms have been fitted with quality sanitary ware.
The cottage sits on approx. 0.5 acres of land which is mainly laid to lawn. There are out buildings that could be potentially be restored and plenty of off street parking.
BER DetailsBER: D2 BER No.114406689 Energy Performance Indicator:298.81 kWh/m²/yr
LocationPink Gate Cottage located near the village of Knightstown on beautiful Valentia Island. Valentia is located off the Ring of Kerry with the village Portmagee and the towns of Caherciveen and Waterville close by. The island is connected to the main land by a bridge and a ferry service from Knighstown to Caherciveen.
The property has access to all amenities in Knightstown, Portmagee and Caherciveen town with shopping facilities, restaurants, pubs and many other facilities.
Valentia has an exceptional natural beauty and boasts stunning views to the Dingle Peninsula, the Blasket Islands and the Atlantic Ocean making it the ideal place for those who love to walk, hike, swim and enjoy the nature.
The immediate vicinity is also ideal for sailing, fishing or playing golf. Various championship golf courses such as Dooks and Waterville Golf Course, some of the best courses in Ireland, are close by.
Killarney town is c. 1.5 hours away by car and the property is within easy reach to the airports in Cork, Shannon and Kerry which offer direct transport links within Ireland as well as to Europe and the UK.
2. The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not institute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract.
3. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
4. Any loose furniture, non-integrated appliances, white goods and curtains are deemed not to be included in the sale of the property unless specifically agreed between the parties and outlined in an inventory.
5. No person in the employment of Finest International Real Estate Ireland Ltd. t/a Engel & Voelkers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty in relation to this property.
6. Availability upon agreement - subject to contract. This offer is subject to change of price, withdrawal or prior sale without notice.
7. Transfer fees, i.e. stamp duty, solicitor fees etc, are not included in the sales price and have to be paid by the buyer. The commission will be paid by the seller.