DescriptionCharming cutstone residence (3 reception rooms & 4 bedrooms - approx 202 sqm / 2,175 sq ft) with oodles of character and offering lots of potential!
Noted in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage as being built c 1830 – 1850, this former Old Balrath Post office property was extended in later years and now comprises a family home with detached garage on grounds of approximately half an acre. Built in a Tudor Gothic style, the building has many notable architectural features including pitched roof with carved pinnacles and rendered chimney stack; dressed limestone walls with ashlar stone quoins and wall plaque. There are tooled limestone dressings to window openings and a side porch with pointed arch door opening and overhead hood moulding. Outside, there are cast iron railings set on limestone plinths with dressed limestone gate piers.
At ground floor level, there are three well-proportioned reception rooms, one of which is accessed via an ornate side porch. The other front room also has its own external door opening up opportunities to run a business from home. A large eat-in kitchen is located in the centre of the home. A navy blue Aga cooker acts as a welcome focal point and there is an excellent range of fitted kitchen units and worktop space. To the rear, there is a third reception room and guest toilet.
At first floor level, there are 4 no. good sized double bedrooms, two to the front and two to the back. There are two separate shower rooms, each with decorative floor tiling and fully tiled walls. A hot press forms part of a wall of storage cupboards.
A gravel driveway leads around the side of the house to the rear. A detached garage (approx 31.32 sqm / 337 sq ft) provides useful storage / workshop space. Mature gardens to the side and rear incorporate a patio area well positioned to catch the evening sun.
Easily recognised cutstone former Post Office property located on the N2 (Dublin – Derry Road) close to its junctions with the Kentstown (Navan) and Duleek Road. This property is within easy reach of Dublin city, airport and the M50 either by the M2 or M1 motorway networks. Approximately 10km north of Ashbourne; 3km east of Kentstown; 13 km east of Navan and 7km south west of Duleek.
Accommodation• Front corner room with side entrance: 5.83 x 3.84m; decorative coving & open fireplace.
• Former PO / front room: 4.27m x 3.562m; external door.
• Eat-in kitchen: 5.2m x 4.27m; Aga cooker, tiled floor & excellent range of fitted units & worktop space
• Rear reception room #3: 4.14m x 3.84m; open fireplace
• Guest toilet: wc & whb; under stair storage
• Bedroom 1: 3.3m x 4.32m, built-in wardrobes (BIW)
• Bedroom 2: 4.1m x 3.77m
• Shower room: 2.06m x 2.21m; wc, whb & shower; fully tiled
• Bedroom 3: 4.32m x 3.674m (BIW)
• Bedroom 4: 4.674m x 3.785m (BIW)
• Shower room; wc, whb & shower; fully tiled
• Hot press & storage cupboards
DETACHED GARAGE: 7.15m x 4.38m
• Mains water & septic tank
• Oil fired central heating
Features• Historic property with a host of original features in a mature setting and with good accessibility.
• Well-proportioned reception rooms (3 no.) and double bedrooms (4 no.).
• Property ideally set up to operate / run business from home
• Mature gardens with patio & detached garage.
DirectionsEIRCODE: C15 C6V6
Old Balrath Post Office is located on the N2 (Dublin – Derry Road) close to its intersections with the Duleek Road (L1610) and the Kentstown Road (R153).