DescriptionAn exceptionally attractive, double fronted detached bay windowed family home that offers bright and airy generously proportioned accommodation that extends to approximately 278.7 sq.m. (3,000 sq.ft.). This wonderfully positioned property that was constructed c. 1950 occupies a corner position with Dundela Park and Dundela Avenue.
The accommodation briefly comprises an entrance sunroom the opens into a spacious reception room with an understairs guest wc. Next is a home office/study facing front. Across the hall is an excellent sitting room that opens into the living/dining room running front to back of the entire side of the property. Next is the formal dining room which in turn opens through to the kitchen/breakfast room and into the utility/laundry.
Upstairs there are six bedrooms, the master with ensuite, a bathroom and good storage. A stairwell climbs to the converted attic of approximately 33 sq.m (355 sq.ft)which offers excellent space and also wonderful storage solutions.
The gardens are a particular feature of this excellent property. The front is garden is laid out mostly in lawn with mature shrubbery and planting. It is bordered by high hedging ensuring immense privacy and seclusion. The rear garden is an excellent size, is maturely planted not overlooked and mainly laid out in lawn with an Indian sandstone slabbed patio and large garden store.
The location of this wonderful home is second to none being situated in Sandycove?s most popular family orientated location within a short stroll of the local shops at Glasthule, Sandycove and Dalkey with more extensive shopping at Dun Laoghaire Town Centre. There are pleasant scenic walks by the seafront and over Killiney and Dalkey Hills all just a short distance away. Recreational and leisure facilities are abound including the renowned Sandycove Lawn Tennis Club, Cuala GAA and Killiney Golf Club to mention a few. The four yacht clubs and extensive marina at Dun Laoghaire will be of major interest to the marine and sailing enthusiasts and the local Sandycove Beach and Forty Foot are popular swimming locations. The area is perfect for family living being close to a range of excellent primary and secondary schools including Castle Park, Harold?s Primary School, Rathdown, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and Cluny to mention a few. Transport facilities in the area are excellent with the DART stations at both Glenageary and Sandycove/Glasthule a walk away and the regular bus routes available making commuting to and from the city centre and surrounding areas very easy.
Planning permission has been granted to demolish the existing house and construct 2 No. detached four-bedroom family homes of approximately 180 sq.m (1,940 sq.ft) each ? planning reference D19A/0603. Details available on request.
Viewing of this excellent family home comes highly recommended.
- Entrance Sunroom (6.00m x 1.70m )with Chinese tiled floor, picture window overlooking the front and pattern stained glass hall door that opens into the
- Reception Hall (4.60m x 4.00m )with solid maple floor, picture rail, coving and enclosed radiator
- Understairs Guest W.C. with wash hand basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, PhoneWatch digital security alarm, understairs storage and cloak hanging
- Sitting Room (4.60m x 3.90m )with ceiling coving, marble fireplace with marble inset, hearth and open fire, television point and double folding glazed doors open into the
- Living/Dining Room (10.70m x 4.70m )with bay and bow windows, ceiling coving, fireplace with gas coal effect fire and Chinese tile hearth, double glazed sliding patio door opening out to the rear, double folding part glazed doors open into the dining room and glazed door into the
- Sunroom (3.10m x 2.00m )
- Dining Room (5.00m x 3.60m )with solid maple floor and double glazed sliding patio door opening out to the rear
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.00m x 3.70m )with recessed lighting, kitchen is fitted with a range of oak press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, Beko slimline dishwasher, tiled splashback, Neff four ring gas hob with extractor over, Neff fitted oven, integrated microwave, built in sideboard with display cabinets over, tiled floor and door to
- Utility/Laundry Room (4.40m x 4.00m )with tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine, space for fridge & freezer, storage press units, single bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, double folding cupboards opening to the Gloworm dual gas fired central heating boilers and double glazed door opens out to the rear garden
- Garden Shed with single drainer stainless steel sink unit and shelving
- Front Room/Home Office (4.80m x 3.80m )with bay window, picture rail and coving
- Landing with shelved hot press with dual immersion unit, linen cupboard, built in book shelving and cupboard press and understairs storage under the stairwell going up to the attic
- Separate W.C. with tiled floor and part tiled walls
- Family Bathroom with bath with Triton T90SR electric shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, part tiled walls and fitted mirror
- Bedroom 1 (3.80m x 2.20m )with a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over and window looking rear
- Bedroom 2 (5.00m x 3.70m )with wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboards and drawers under, fitted mirror over and picture window overlooking the rear, louvered door wardrobes and louvered door cupboards over
- Bedroom 3 (8.40m x 4.30m )with window looking rear, a range of ceiling to floor built in wardrobes and cupboards and door opens into the
- En Suite Bathroom with step in tiled Triton T90SI electric shower, w.c., bath, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls, recessed lighting, shaving socket and light, Dimplex wall mounted fan assisted heater and extractor
- Bedroom 4 (3.80m x 2.80m )with pedestal wash hand basin, built in louvered door ceiling to floor wardrobes and cupboards, dressing table unit with drawers under and window facing front
- Bedroom 5 (2.60m x 2.30m )with a range of built in wardrobes and cupboards, shelving and timber floor
- Bedroom 6 (3.90m x 2.50m )with built in desk with book shelving, drawers, desk unit, a range of built in wardrobes with cupboards over and window facing front
- Converted Attic with landing with Velux skylight
- Attic Room 1 (4.40m x 2.20m )with Velux skylight and door to landing storage
- Attic Room 2 (6.00m x 3.10m )with twin Velux skylights, hanging space and storage
FeaturesHighly regarded prestigious residential address
Substantial detached family home occupying a large corner position
Generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 278.7sq.m. (3,000 sq.ft)
Surrounded by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools
Within a short stroll of the superb facilities and amenities of Dalkey, Sandycove, Glasthule & Dun Laoghaire
Within close proximity of an abundance of sports clubs, The Forty Foot, recreation & leisure amenities
Excellent transport links via the DART at Dalkey & Glenageary,111 & 59 bus routes & the Aircoach
Double Glazed windows throughout
Dual Gas Fired Central Heating Boilers
Converted attic providing excellent space and storage solutions
Private rear garden measuring approximately 12.1m (40ft)
Converted attic of approximately 33 sq.m (355 sq.ft)
Planning permission granted to construct 2 No. detached four-bedroom family homes - D19A/0603