A fine period house with outbuildings and about 12 acres
The house dates from about 1845 and is listed as a protected structure. Constructed to a L-shape plan of stone beneath a pitched slate roof, it has accommodation over two storeys, as laid out on the accompanying plans. The house is a sister house to Ellesmere House, situated a short distance away.
Many internal period features have been retained including fireplaces, cornicing, picture rails, hardwood floors, timber panelling, architraves, sash and case windows, shutters and ceiling roses. The accommodation is well-laid out for entertaining and family living.
The house has an outstanding outlook over the surrounding rural countryside. It is heated centrally by oil, with a range cooker heating the water and some radiators. There are mains electricity and water supplies and private drainage via a septic tank.
A formal garden lies to the west of the house. It includes a former vegetable garden and orchard. Mature trees surround the house to provide shelter, privacy and amenity. They comprise a variety of mature deciduous species.
Situated immediately to the rear of the house is a courtyard and an outbuilding of stone construction beneath a pitched slate roof. It is accessed from the main driveway through cast iron gates.
Beyond the traditional outbuilding is a slatted cattle shed of modern construction, a hay shed, livestock handling facilities and extensive hard standing.
The farm buildings have a convenient situation at the heart of the farm.
A grazing field is situated to the front of the house.
- House (3 reception rooms, 7 bedrooms)
- Traditional outbuilding
- Farm buildings
Strictly by appointment with Savills Dublin ...