Located just 3km from Roscrea's Town Centre, close to Racket Hall Hotel and almost opposite Roscrea Golf Club, this inviting cottage merges the benefits of a rural property, while also giving easy accessibility to most of Ireland's national roads, including the M7 Dublin to Limerick Motorway.
The 3-acre enclosed rear field/paddock is ideal for grazing ponies or for budding gardeners/organic farmers as the grounds are a blank canvas with plenty of scope for future development.
Kitchen/Living Room: 4.00m x 7.20m. Traditional 'half and half' from door. Large red floor tiles. Open feature stone fireplace, pine kitchen units and 2 dressers
Bedroom 1: 4.00m x 3.70m. Fitted pine wardrobe, painted tile floor.
Bathroom: 2.14m x 4.24m. Feature sunken bath, wall and floor tiles, w.c.
Shower Room: 1.85m x 2.13m. Electric (Triton) shower with w.c.
Corridor: 3.10m x 0.90m. Tiled floor.
1st Floor (Loft Style Rooms):
Sitting Area: 3.70m x 1.90m. Timber floors, beamed ceiling.
Bedroom 2: 3.85m x 4.75m. With skylight and window overlooking grounds. Immersion.
1st Floor (Loft Style Room, other end of house):
Bedroom 3: 3.70m x 3.75m. Two custom built-in wardrobes, pine ceilings.
* The cottage was built over 130 years ago, with old sandstone.
* The thatched roof was replaced about 10 years ago.
* The central heating system is oil fired and there is a large open fireplace in the main living area.
* Timber framed sash window frames are fitted to most of the windows.
* The two first floor bedrooms are on either end of the cottage and each are accessed by separate spiral-styled staircases, made from pine.
From Roscrea (3km): From Main Street, drive up Castle Street and continue past the Round Tower and Church of Ireland, travelling along the R445, the old Dublin Road. Continue past the Gala Service Station and Civil Defence HQ on the left, leadi ...