Janet Carroll is delighted to present Dartrey, on Sandycove Avenue East for Sale by Private Treaty. Built in 1919 when it became very fashionable to move from Dublin city period town houses to the sea front. This is a truly special residential location.
The property has a sea view and exudes character and charm throughout. Very close to the Martello Tower made famous by James Joyce’s Ulysses, it is just a stone’s throw from the beach front and the famous Forty Foot bathing place.
Like many other houses of this period, Dartrey is roofed with distinctive red clay tiles which were imported from France at that time. Presented in lovely condition throughout there is superb potential to add a substantial extension subject to planning permission. It also maintains many of its original features. It is further complemented by its magnificent 109ft sunny west facing rear garden, complete with a hen house and storage sheds. The hen house is no longer in use but offers extensive additional storage space. There is very generous private off street parking.
• Built in 1919,the property retains many of the period features
• Highly prized residential location with sea view
• c. 1442sqft/ 134sqm
• Magnificent sunny west facing garden c. 109ft/ 33m with mature planting
• Some double glazed windows
• Original panel doors
• Oil fired central heating
• Original fireplaces throughout
• Off street parking
• Large garage
• Superb opportunity to extend subject to planning permission
• Marine location within a stroll of local yacht clubs and iconic Forty Foot bathing area
• Walking distance to Dalkey, Glasthule and Dún Laoghaire
• Close to the DART and bus services
• Catchme ...