DescriptionThis wonderful character-rich detached home is situated on approx. 0.82hectares. The house is approached via a private sweeping tarmacadam driveway boarded with mature trees and lawns and plants offering great privacy from prying eyes.
Built circa 1947, Cintra cottage is a wonderful home retaining many of its original features and is situated in this quiet location.
On the ground floor, a welcoming reception hall leads to a sitting room with a striking open marble fireplace which leads out to the large conservatory flooded with natural light and benefiting from the sunny southerly orientation and wonderful views of the gardens. There are 3 bedrooms off the hallway, main ensuite and a modern shower room. There is a spacious kitchen which leads to the Dining room and also has access to the parlour and utility area.
On the first floor there is a large 4th bedroom which leads to a 5th bedroom. There is also another bathroom and ample eaves storage.
The gardens wrap around the property on all sides and boast well-maintained lawns, attractive terraces and well-stocked flower and shrub borders all enclosed by a feature stone wall and mature hedging. The large lawn areas are boarded by pathways and there are seating areas throughout the garden. There is a courtyard area with raised paved area which is sheltered by hedging. There are a number of outhouses, garden sheds and garage. The southerly aspect ensures the gardens get daylong sunshine and will appeal to those with green fingers and will amaze any child who will have over 2 acres to explore and make their own. These gardens would not look out of place at Chelsea.
There is ample parking for several vehicles to the front.
The property is just off the Malahide road, and is close to a number of local amenities. Located only 30 minutes from Dublin City and 8 minutes from Malahide where there are all conceivable amenities and facilities including the local Dart Station, schools, shops and Malahide. The property is close to Portmarnock Village and all its wonderful shopping facilities, schools, churches, bus services and Portmarnock Dart Station. The house is very close to an array of sporting facilities including golf, rugby, cricket, the new coastal cycle track and the wonderful velvet strands of Portmarnock beach. There is a regular bus service passing the house. The house is also close to Dublin Airport and the Motorway network.
This charming, detached family home is a quintessential �chocolate box� house and viewing is very highly recommended.
- Hall (3.15m x 1.05m )
- Inner Hallway (8.00m x 1.02m )Bright welcoming hallway.
- Shower Room (2.92m x 2.77m )Modern shower room with large shower cubicle with Triton electric shower. Wash hand basin. W.C Tiled floor. Window to front.
- Bedroom 2 (2.92m x 2.77m )Double bedroom. Window to side.
- Main bedroom (7.35m x 6.05m )Large main bedroom with built in wardrobes and vanity area. Large window overlooking the rear garden.
- Ensuite Bathroom Bath. Shower cubicle. Wash hand basin. W.C Tiled floor and part tiled walls. Window.
- Bedroom 3 (3.60m x 1.50m )Window to the front. Built in shelving.
- Sitting Room (5.75m x 4.75m )Feature open fireplace with marble surround. Recessed alcoves with fitted presses and shelving.
- Conservatory (6.30m x 3.30m )Large sun filled room benefiting from the southerly aspect with windows and door looking out over the wonderful gardens. There are double glazed windows and folding binds on the glass ceiling. Tiled floor.
- Dining Room (3.95m x 3.90m )Window overlooking the rear garden. Doors to the sitting room and Kitchen. Stairs lead to upper level.
- Kitchen (3.90m x 3.90m )Extensive range of built in presses and counter tops. Tile splash backs. Sink unit and drainer. Built in Bosch oven and 4 ring ceramic hob. Door to:
- Larder (1.60m x 1.30m )Fitted press. Tiled floor. Alarm. Door to:
- Utility Room (3.12m x 2.15m )Doors lead out to the front driveway and to the courtyard to the rear. Tiled floor. Plumbed for washing machine. Sink unit and drainer. Fitted press and storage press.
- Landing area Door with access to eaves storage.
- Bedroom 4 (7.30m x 4.62m )Large room with window overlooking the rear garden and door to the front. Wooden floorboards.
- Lobby area (2.60m x 1.42m )Ample storage presses.
- Bathroom (2.20m x 2.10m )Bath. W.C. Wash hand basin. Wooden floorboards. Mirrored walls. Window.
- Bedroom 5 (4.18m x 3.30m )This room would be an ideal nursery. study or walk in dressing room. There are 2 large storage presses. Window. Wash hand basin.
FeaturesDetached family home
On approx. 0.82 hectares
Stunning gardens and woodland setting
Garage and numerous out houses
South facing orientation to the rear.
Oil fired central heating.